Aspen Avionics announced that retired Marine Corps aviator and Aspen’s director of flight operations, James Buck is expanding his roles and responsibilities to include the position of regional sales manager for Aspen’s growing sales team. In his sales role, he will be responsible for the states of Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Utah.
As the director of flight operations, James remains responsible for managing Aspen’s flight test and sales aircraft fleet; ensuring pilot skills and qualifications are current for company employees; developing company flight test procedures; writing and executing flight test plans and working closely with FAA personnel for project certification.
“With over 4000 flight hours logged in a variety of fixed wing airplanes and rotorcraft, James brings a unique skill set and perspective to the Aspen Avionics sales organization,” said Mark Ferrari, vice president of sales and customer support.
“James brings a solid passion for aviation and for Aspen which shows anytime he engages with fellow pilots,” said Scott Smith, sales director. “We are fortunate to have him on our team.”
During his career in the Marine Corps, James was a helicopter aircraft commander flying the CH-53E Super Sea Stallion on multiple deployments to the Persian Gulf. Prior to retiring he trained new naval aviators in the T34C Turbo Mentor, the TC-12 (BE200) and T-44 (BE90). Among the many jobs spanning James’ military service, he also served a post depot maintenance test pilot for military training aircraft and the program manager of foreign military sales of VIP UH60 helicopters.
James earned both his private pilot and instrument ratings while attending the University of Illinois and his commercial and instructor ratings upon retirement from the Marine Corps. He owns and flies an Aspen-equipped Cirrus SR22. He is also an active member of the Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association, Angel Flight-South Central and the Veterans Airlift Command.
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T