Aspen Avionics announced that retired Marine Corps aviator and Aspen’s director of flight operations, James Buck is expanding his roles and responsibilities to include the position of regional sales manager for Aspen’s growing sales team. In his sales role, he will be responsible for the states of Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Utah.
As the director of flight operations, James remains responsible for managing Aspen’s flight test and sales aircraft fleet; ensuring pilot skills and qualifications are current for company employees; developing company flight test procedures; writing and executing flight test plans and working closely with FAA personnel for project certification.
“With over 4000 flight hours logged in a variety of fixed wing airplanes and rotorcraft, James brings a unique skill set and perspective to the Aspen Avionics sales organization,” said Mark Ferrari, vice president of sales and customer support.
“James brings a solid passion for aviation and for Aspen which shows anytime he engages with fellow pilots,” said Scott Smith, sales director. “We are fortunate to have him on our team.”
During his career in the Marine Corps, James was a helicopter aircraft commander flying the CH-53E Super Sea Stallion on multiple deployments to the Persian Gulf. Prior to retiring he trained new naval aviators in the T34C Turbo Mentor, the TC-12 (BE200) and T-44 (BE90). Among the many jobs spanning James’ military service, he also served a post depot maintenance test pilot for military training aircraft and the program manager of foreign military sales of VIP UH60 helicopters.
James earned both his private pilot and instrument ratings while attending the University of Illinois and his commercial and instructor ratings upon retirement from the Marine Corps. He owns and flies an Aspen-equipped Cirrus SR22. He is also an active member of the Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association, Angel Flight-South Central and the Veterans Airlift Command.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case