ForeFlight, creator of the essential and widely used flight planning and electronic flight bag app for Apple iPad and iPhone, today announced that Jeppesen’s world-class library of standard chart coverages are now available as an option with the current release of ForeFlight Mobile, making it the premier all-in-one mobile solution for planning, briefing, filing, flying, and logging flights across aviation. Customers can purchase Jeppesen charts directly on foreflight.com in a matter of seconds. They can choose from thirteen coverages that span the globe and include departure, arrival, and terminal procedures, airport charts, and Jeppesen Airway Manuals.
“We’re thrilled about our partnership with Jeppesen and finally being able to deliver their best-in-class charts to our customers,” said Tyson Weihs, co-founder and CEO of ForeFlight. “This integration offers aviators the most powerful combination of Jeppesen charts and EFB functionality available on the market today.”
Jeppesen charts are now seamlessly integrated into ForeFlight’s innovative plates on map feature that allows pilots to view their aircraft position on geo-referenced departures, arrival, or approach plates along with weather overlays in one seamless moving map view. Jeppesen charts are also enabled for color inversion, reducing screen glare when flying at night. For business customers, account administrators can easily manage how Jeppesen coverages are distributed to, swapped among users, and shared across devices. Jeppesen charts combined with ForeFlight’s next-generation performance flight planning capabilities provides a compelling solution for operators and pilots worldwide.
ForeFlight subscribers can link their existing Jeppesen license in ForeFlight Mobile or purchase standard worldwide Jeppesen charts for use inside the app through a simple e-commerce experience on foreflight.com. ForeFlight business aviation customers can purchase chart coverages through Jeppesen and then link them to their ForeFlight subscription for use inside the ForeFlight Mobile app. Customers can access Jeppesen charts in the app in the same, familiar way they reference government charts.
With this latest release of ForeFlight, Jeppesen’s high-quality NavData® also comes standard in every plan, improving data consistency between the mobile device and installed avionics, enhancing features like data-driven Aeronautical Maps (available in Plus plans), and expanding Procedure Advisor for all customers to airports around the world. Customers should take note that the Jeppesen NavData® on ForeFlight is separate from Jeppesen NavData® for installed avionics, which requires a separate subscription from Jeppesen.
Global high-resolution terrain and obstacle data, powered by Jeppesen, already comes standard in every ForeFlight subscription plan, making ForeFlight’s hazard awareness features better than ever. Customers flying with advanced features like Synthetic Vision, Hazard Advisor, and Profile View now see a clear picture of terrain and obstacle hazards anywhere in the world.
A follow-on release later this summer will bring the display of Jeppesen’s data-driven IFR Enroute charts, which is automatically included for subscribers who have purchased or linked Jeppesen charts on ForeFlight.
In addition to the integration of Jeppesen charts into ForeFlight Mobile, the strategic alliance between the two companies also spans the commercial airline market and users of Jeppesen FliteDeck Pro, the leading EFB solution for airlines and large-scale operators. Jeppesen and ForeFlight are working together on a next-generation release of FliteDeck Pro for both iOS and Windows that will deliver a combination of the familiar capabilities in FliteDeck Pro and significant features and functionality from ForeFlight Mobile.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case