John Foley, former lead solo pilot for the U.S. Navy’s Blue Angels, will join aviation and energy industry professionals the featured speaker for the gala dinner at the 13th annual CHC Safety and Quality Summit later this year.
The gala dinner, a highlight of the Summit, draws several hundred attendees each year. Mr. Foley will touch on elevating performance, reaching high potential, and trust and leadership – all crucial elements experienced firsthand throughout his career with the U.S. Navy.
Mr. Foley attended the U.S. Naval Academy, where he studied mechanical engineering and played as a defensive back for their football team. Following graduation and flight training, he served as a pilot, being named a “Top Ten Carrier Pilot” six times, prior to becoming an instructor pilot and joining the Blue Angels.
Following his naval career, Mr. Foley pursued master’s degrees in business management, international policy studies and strategic studies, and became a Sloan Fellow at the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
“We’re excited for John to bring his range of experiences and perspectives to this year’s summit as he helps inspire and set the tone for our event,” said Duncan Trapp, Vice President, Safety, CHC Helicopter. “In the past 13 years, we have been privileged to hear from some of the most inspiring and legendary figures both in and out of our industry and we look forward to adding a new perspective to this list.”
This year’s event will take place from Sept. 27 – 29 at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Conference Center in Grapevine, TX, near CHC’s global headquarters.
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight
- Airbus to offer H135 to U.S. Navy
- Honeywell Introduces New Flight Data Monitoring App
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Coptersafety appoints Head of Development and Test Pilot
- NASA to Send Helicopter to Mars
- Sikorsky Begins Deliveries to the U.S. Marine Corps
- Reignwood Star to receive Rolls-Royce M250 and RR300 Support from StandardAero
- Medical Lead for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Appointed
- HeliOffshore 2018 Conference Proceedings
- Whirly-Girls Mid-Year Scholarship Cycle Enters Last Week
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Aeromedical Conference confirm speakers
- Bell 505 receives certification in China
- Bell Boeing JPO awarded $25M contract for V-22 Spares
- Helicentre 2019 Scholarship Programme Now Open
- HAI Matt Zuccaro testifies before Senate committee on UAS integration
- 2018 SMTA Scholarship Winners
- Coast Guard Cadets Redesign Helicopter Rescue Basket