John Foley, former lead solo pilot for the U.S. Navy’s Blue Angels, will join aviation and energy industry professionals the featured speaker for the gala dinner at the 13th annual CHC Safety and Quality Summit later this year.
The gala dinner, a highlight of the Summit, draws several hundred attendees each year. Mr. Foley will touch on elevating performance, reaching high potential, and trust and leadership – all crucial elements experienced firsthand throughout his career with the U.S. Navy.
Mr. Foley attended the U.S. Naval Academy, where he studied mechanical engineering and played as a defensive back for their football team. Following graduation and flight training, he served as a pilot, being named a “Top Ten Carrier Pilot” six times, prior to becoming an instructor pilot and joining the Blue Angels.
Following his naval career, Mr. Foley pursued master’s degrees in business management, international policy studies and strategic studies, and became a Sloan Fellow at the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
“We’re excited for John to bring his range of experiences and perspectives to this year’s summit as he helps inspire and set the tone for our event,” said Duncan Trapp, Vice President, Safety, CHC Helicopter. “In the past 13 years, we have been privileged to hear from some of the most inspiring and legendary figures both in and out of our industry and we look forward to adding a new perspective to this list.”
This year’s event will take place from Sept. 27 – 29 at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Conference Center in Grapevine, TX, near CHC’s global headquarters.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case