John Foley, former lead solo pilot for the U.S. Navy’s Blue Angels, will join aviation and energy industry professionals the featured speaker for the gala dinner at the 13th annual CHC Safety and Quality Summit later this year.
The gala dinner, a highlight of the Summit, draws several hundred attendees each year. Mr. Foley will touch on elevating performance, reaching high potential, and trust and leadership – all crucial elements experienced firsthand throughout his career with the U.S. Navy.
Mr. Foley attended the U.S. Naval Academy, where he studied mechanical engineering and played as a defensive back for their football team. Following graduation and flight training, he served as a pilot, being named a “Top Ten Carrier Pilot” six times, prior to becoming an instructor pilot and joining the Blue Angels.
Following his naval career, Mr. Foley pursued master’s degrees in business management, international policy studies and strategic studies, and became a Sloan Fellow at the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
“We’re excited for John to bring his range of experiences and perspectives to this year’s summit as he helps inspire and set the tone for our event,” said Duncan Trapp, Vice President, Safety, CHC Helicopter. “In the past 13 years, we have been privileged to hear from some of the most inspiring and legendary figures both in and out of our industry and we look forward to adding a new perspective to this list.”
This year’s event will take place from Sept. 27 – 29 at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Conference Center in Grapevine, TX, near CHC’s global headquarters.
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion