John Foley, former lead solo pilot for the U.S. Navy’s Blue Angels, will join aviation and energy industry professionals the featured speaker for the gala dinner at the 13th annual CHC Safety and Quality Summit later this year.
The gala dinner, a highlight of the Summit, draws several hundred attendees each year. Mr. Foley will touch on elevating performance, reaching high potential, and trust and leadership – all crucial elements experienced firsthand throughout his career with the U.S. Navy.
Mr. Foley attended the U.S. Naval Academy, where he studied mechanical engineering and played as a defensive back for their football team. Following graduation and flight training, he served as a pilot, being named a “Top Ten Carrier Pilot” six times, prior to becoming an instructor pilot and joining the Blue Angels.
Following his naval career, Mr. Foley pursued master’s degrees in business management, international policy studies and strategic studies, and became a Sloan Fellow at the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
“We’re excited for John to bring his range of experiences and perspectives to this year’s summit as he helps inspire and set the tone for our event,” said Duncan Trapp, Vice President, Safety, CHC Helicopter. “In the past 13 years, we have been privileged to hear from some of the most inspiring and legendary figures both in and out of our industry and we look forward to adding a new perspective to this list.”
This year’s event will take place from Sept. 27 – 29 at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Conference Center in Grapevine, TX, near CHC’s global headquarters.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad