United Rotorcraft, a division of Air Methods, today announced it signed a contract to provide Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) company, 75 shipsets of the United Rotorcraft Black Hawk Medical Interior system over the next five years. This multi-year contract is the fifth of its kind with Sikorsky since 1997, and includes the installation of the United Rotorcraft Black Hawk Medical Interior system in the HH-60M aircraft at Sikorsky’s facility in Stratford, Connecticut.
United Rotorcraft has delivered 280 medical interiors on the previous four contracts which have been installed in the HH-60A and HH-60L (originally designated the UH-60Q) and most recently the HH-60M.
“We are excited and honored to continue our partnership with Sikorsky to provide the best equipment for our men and women in the armed forces” says Mike Slattery, President of United Rotorcraft.
The United Rotorcraft Black Hawk Medical Interior system is capable of being re-configured in less than two minutes—without tools—to support multiple mission requirements. At any time, crew members can provide medical care for up to six patients, transport cargo, support search and rescue operations, perform disaster relief, and/or transport personnel.
This latest contract continues the modernization of the Army MEDEVAC Black Hawk which began in 1992. Today, the Army, Army Reserve, and Army National Guard currently operate more than 600 MEDEVAC Black Hawk helicopters, and nearly 50 percent of the fleet features the United Rotorcraft HH-60M Medical Interior.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case