United Rotorcraft, a division of Air Methods, today announced it signed a contract to provide Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) company, 75 shipsets of the United Rotorcraft Black Hawk Medical Interior system over the next five years. This multi-year contract is the fifth of its kind with Sikorsky since 1997, and includes the installation of the United Rotorcraft Black Hawk Medical Interior system in the HH-60M aircraft at Sikorsky’s facility in Stratford, Connecticut.
United Rotorcraft has delivered 280 medical interiors on the previous four contracts which have been installed in the HH-60A and HH-60L (originally designated the UH-60Q) and most recently the HH-60M.
“We are excited and honored to continue our partnership with Sikorsky to provide the best equipment for our men and women in the armed forces” says Mike Slattery, President of United Rotorcraft.
The United Rotorcraft Black Hawk Medical Interior system is capable of being re-configured in less than two minutes—without tools—to support multiple mission requirements. At any time, crew members can provide medical care for up to six patients, transport cargo, support search and rescue operations, perform disaster relief, and/or transport personnel.
This latest contract continues the modernization of the Army MEDEVAC Black Hawk which began in 1992. Today, the Army, Army Reserve, and Army National Guard currently operate more than 600 MEDEVAC Black Hawk helicopters, and nearly 50 percent of the fleet features the United Rotorcraft HH-60M Medical Interior.
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away