United Rotorcraft, a division of Air Methods, today announced it signed a contract to provide Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) company, 75 shipsets of the United Rotorcraft Black Hawk Medical Interior system over the next five years. This multi-year contract is the fifth of its kind with Sikorsky since 1997, and includes the installation of the United Rotorcraft Black Hawk Medical Interior system in the HH-60M aircraft at Sikorsky’s facility in Stratford, Connecticut.
United Rotorcraft has delivered 280 medical interiors on the previous four contracts which have been installed in the HH-60A and HH-60L (originally designated the UH-60Q) and most recently the HH-60M.
“We are excited and honored to continue our partnership with Sikorsky to provide the best equipment for our men and women in the armed forces” says Mike Slattery, President of United Rotorcraft.
The United Rotorcraft Black Hawk Medical Interior system is capable of being re-configured in less than two minutes—without tools—to support multiple mission requirements. At any time, crew members can provide medical care for up to six patients, transport cargo, support search and rescue operations, perform disaster relief, and/or transport personnel.
This latest contract continues the modernization of the Army MEDEVAC Black Hawk which began in 1992. Today, the Army, Army Reserve, and Army National Guard currently operate more than 600 MEDEVAC Black Hawk helicopters, and nearly 50 percent of the fleet features the United Rotorcraft HH-60M Medical Interior.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad