CGI (NYSE: GIB) (TSX: GIB.A) announced that it has been awarded several contracts totalling US$92.5M from the U.S. Army to provide varying degrees of support across four separate Aviation and Missile Command (AMCOM) programs. Each of the contracts was awarded to CGI as part of a subcontracting team to the incumbent prime contractor and each are five years in length if all option years were to be exercised.
AMCOM develops and delivers responsive aviation, missile and calibration materiel readiness to the U.S. Army in order to optimize joint warfighter capabilities at the point of need. As a Life Cycle Management Command, AMCOM is dedicated to providing integrated engineering, logistics and contracting to more than 90 major aviation and missile systems throughout their lifecycles, which accounts for roughly half the systems in the U.S. Army.
The contract awards are spread over four different programs within AMCOM:
- In conjunction with its partners, CGI will provide the Precision Fires Rocket and Missile Systems (PFRMS) Project Office with acquisition process and software development support. Specifically, CGI has been tasked to provide continued services for the Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) Precision Guided Munitions acquisition and programmatic process. CGI will also support the acquisition process and software development for MLRS launchers as well as the MLRS documentation configuration management process.
- CGI will continue to assist the AMCOM Logistics Center (ALC) with Reliability Improvement through Failure Identification and Reporting (RIMFIRE) process support. The RIMFIRE process is a closed-loop system designed to identify and track root equipment failure causes, determine candidates for corrective action and verify the effectiveness of corrective actions. Successful identification and correction of design errors, manufacturing defects, improper maintenance and early wear can help improve equipment reliability.
- In continuing a long-standing engagement with the Utility Helicopter Project Management Office (UHPMO), CGI will ensure successful execution of UHPMO acquisition initiatives for the U.S. Army’s UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter program. As part of its solution, CGI will help enable various mission requirements including ongoing research and development, production, sustainment, modifications, retrofit, Foreign Military Sales (FMS), modernization and recapitalization programs in support of the Army’s UH-60 fleet.
- CGI will provide configuration, data management, status accounting, and standardization services for AMCOM’s Research, Development and Engineering Center’s (RDEC) Technical Data Management Division (TDMD) in direct support of AMCOM’s weapon systems and soldiers. As part of the team, CGI will help ensure that TDMD’s technical data is accurate for both configuration management of weapon systems and procurement actions, thereby benefitting the soldier in the field.
“We are honoured to once again be chosen to support the U.S. Army through our continued engagement with these critical AMCOM programs that directly support the warfighter,” said Tim Hurlebaus, President, CGI Federal. “CGI has the subject matter expertise and contract experience to deliver unique insight into these AMCOM programs and processes. Our proven track record demonstrates that our members have time and time again provided both the Army and our teaming partners with responsive and cost-effective services and solutions.”
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs
- FAA and EASA Update Aviation Safety Agreement
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- Trakka announces Leonardo AW109 to feature SWE-400 QUAD
- Oceania Aviation completes first AS355 Max-Vis EVS install
- CHC SAR Team Awarded Commendation Award
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital helipad plans approval
- Palm Beach Helicopters installs TH22SM AATD from ELITE
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication
- Milestone Aviation Group Supports Indian Heligo’s Growth
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017