CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (“CPI Aero®”) (NYSE MKT:CVU) announced today that it has signed a long-term supply agreement with Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE:LMT), to manufacture fuel panel assemblies for the UH-60M Black Hawk helicopter. This long-term agreement is valued at up to approximately $21 million for a period of five years, beginning in 2018 and ending in 2022 per Sikorsky and the U.S. Army’s recent signing of the Multi-Year IX contract.
CPI Aero has been producing fuel panel assemblies for the UH-60M since 2010. Since that time, CPI Aero has delivered more than 900 units to support the aircraft’s production line. Under the terms of the new agreement, CPI Aero will perform all manufacturing tasks for these assemblies, including purchasing and managing the supply chain for all detail parts and system components such as fuel valves, flexible hosing and tubing.
Douglas J. McCrosson, president and chief executive officer of CPI Aero, commented, “The fuel panel assembly is a key product within our aerosystems segment and is an excellent example of our capabilities outside of our traditional aerostructures market. The Black Hawk helicopter has been one of the most important aircraft systems to CPI Aero for the past 10 years, and it is gratifying that it will continue to be so for at least the next five years.”
The Black Hawk helicopter has become the leader in multi-mission-type aircraft. Among the mission configurations it serves are troop transport, medical evacuation, electronic warfare, attack, assault support and special operations.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet