CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (“CPI Aero®”) (NYSE MKT:CVU) announced today that it has signed a long-term supply agreement with Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE:LMT), to manufacture fuel panel assemblies for the UH-60M Black Hawk helicopter. This long-term agreement is valued at up to approximately $21 million for a period of five years, beginning in 2018 and ending in 2022 per Sikorsky and the U.S. Army’s recent signing of the Multi-Year IX contract.
CPI Aero has been producing fuel panel assemblies for the UH-60M since 2010. Since that time, CPI Aero has delivered more than 900 units to support the aircraft’s production line. Under the terms of the new agreement, CPI Aero will perform all manufacturing tasks for these assemblies, including purchasing and managing the supply chain for all detail parts and system components such as fuel valves, flexible hosing and tubing.
Douglas J. McCrosson, president and chief executive officer of CPI Aero, commented, “The fuel panel assembly is a key product within our aerosystems segment and is an excellent example of our capabilities outside of our traditional aerostructures market. The Black Hawk helicopter has been one of the most important aircraft systems to CPI Aero for the past 10 years, and it is gratifying that it will continue to be so for at least the next five years.”
The Black Hawk helicopter has become the leader in multi-mission-type aircraft. Among the mission configurations it serves are troop transport, medical evacuation, electronic warfare, attack, assault support and special operations.
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- DEQ fines Columbia Helicopters
- ForeFlight Co-Founders Honored with Living Legends Award
- Airbus appoints new Chairman and CEO in China