London’s Air Ambulance charity and Barts Health NHS Trust have appointed 11 consultants to join the service. This large investment to move to a consultant delivered service will ensure we are ready to deliver the future of advanced trauma care to London.
We are continually innovating ways to prevent unnecessary deaths from trauma, and procedures carried out before patients reach hospital are becoming more complex and challenging. So from the autumn, a consultant will be present on most critical missions, alongside the duty crew including doctor and paramedic, ensuring patients have the best possible care.
Commenting on the service enhancement, London’s Air Ambulance Medical Director, Dr Gareth Davies, said:
“To prevent death from severe injury requires increasingly complex treatments at the scene. Patients don’t just need more hands to treat the patient but seniority of staff is important as well, which is why we will add a consultant as standard to our duty crew.
“We are developing many initiatives to improve patient care and we need this enhanced team in place to deliver these. We have now appointed the consultants, whom I would like to congratulate on behalf of the service, and will be working with them and the wider team to get ready for the go live date in the autumn.”
The new group of Consultants, as with all doctors with the charity, will be employed by Barts Health NHS Trust, and the Paramedics by the London Ambulance Service.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin