London’s Air Ambulance charity and Barts Health NHS Trust have appointed 11 consultants to join the service. This large investment to move to a consultant delivered service will ensure we are ready to deliver the future of advanced trauma care to London.
We are continually innovating ways to prevent unnecessary deaths from trauma, and procedures carried out before patients reach hospital are becoming more complex and challenging. So from the autumn, a consultant will be present on most critical missions, alongside the duty crew including doctor and paramedic, ensuring patients have the best possible care.
Commenting on the service enhancement, London’s Air Ambulance Medical Director, Dr Gareth Davies, said:
“To prevent death from severe injury requires increasingly complex treatments at the scene. Patients don’t just need more hands to treat the patient but seniority of staff is important as well, which is why we will add a consultant as standard to our duty crew.
“We are developing many initiatives to improve patient care and we need this enhanced team in place to deliver these. We have now appointed the consultants, whom I would like to congratulate on behalf of the service, and will be working with them and the wider team to get ready for the go live date in the autumn.”
The new group of Consultants, as with all doctors with the charity, will be employed by Barts Health NHS Trust, and the Paramedics by the London Ambulance Service.
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety
- Era Group and Bel Air Aviation enter teaming agreement
- Avalex video equipment picked for WPD EC135 fleet upgrade
- ForeFlight Launches Trip Assistant Door-to-Door Flight And Fuel Stop Planner