London’s Air Ambulance charity and Barts Health NHS Trust have appointed 11 consultants to join the service. This large investment to move to a consultant delivered service will ensure we are ready to deliver the future of advanced trauma care to London.
We are continually innovating ways to prevent unnecessary deaths from trauma, and procedures carried out before patients reach hospital are becoming more complex and challenging. So from the autumn, a consultant will be present on most critical missions, alongside the duty crew including doctor and paramedic, ensuring patients have the best possible care.
Commenting on the service enhancement, London’s Air Ambulance Medical Director, Dr Gareth Davies, said:
“To prevent death from severe injury requires increasingly complex treatments at the scene. Patients don’t just need more hands to treat the patient but seniority of staff is important as well, which is why we will add a consultant as standard to our duty crew.
“We are developing many initiatives to improve patient care and we need this enhanced team in place to deliver these. We have now appointed the consultants, whom I would like to congratulate on behalf of the service, and will be working with them and the wider team to get ready for the go live date in the autumn.”
The new group of Consultants, as with all doctors with the charity, will be employed by Barts Health NHS Trust, and the Paramedics by the London Ambulance Service.
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs
- FAA and EASA Update Aviation Safety Agreement
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- Trakka announces Leonardo AW109 to feature SWE-400 QUAD
- Oceania Aviation completes first AS355 Max-Vis EVS install
- CHC SAR Team Awarded Commendation Award
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital helipad plans approval
- Palm Beach Helicopters installs TH22SM AATD from ELITE
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication
- Milestone Aviation Group Supports Indian Heligo’s Growth
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017