Leonardo announced today that the AW119Kx helicopter has been selected by the New York City Department of Environmental Protection Police for operations in support of water supply protection. Delivery of the aircraft is expected in 2018.
As the largest single source water supply in the United States, the New York City water supply system is protected by ground and air to prevent terrorism, pollution and crime.
The AW119Kx selected by the Department of Environmental Protection is fully customized and features searchlight, FLIR, external loudspeakers, rappelling and cargo hooks, expanded fuel system, a foldable stretcher, and high visibility crew doors on both sides of the aircraft.
The aircraft also includes provisions for a Bambi Bucket to be used for firefighting operations. This order expands the presence of the AW119Kx in law enforcement and public utility missions around the world, allowing operators to take advantage of a reconfigurable cabin that meets the most demanding requirements.
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments
- The American Helicopter Museum will celebrate World Helicopter Day
- HNZ Group Reports FY2017 Q2 Results
- DART promotes Cable Cutter System
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017