Leonardo announced today that the AW119Kx helicopter has been selected by the New York City Department of Environmental Protection Police for operations in support of water supply protection. Delivery of the aircraft is expected in 2018.
As the largest single source water supply in the United States, the New York City water supply system is protected by ground and air to prevent terrorism, pollution and crime.
The AW119Kx selected by the Department of Environmental Protection is fully customized and features searchlight, FLIR, external loudspeakers, rappelling and cargo hooks, expanded fuel system, a foldable stretcher, and high visibility crew doors on both sides of the aircraft.
The aircraft also includes provisions for a Bambi Bucket to be used for firefighting operations. This order expands the presence of the AW119Kx in law enforcement and public utility missions around the world, allowing operators to take advantage of a reconfigurable cabin that meets the most demanding requirements.
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride