Airbus Helicopters Inc. has delivered a new H130 to Hospital Wing, a Memphis, Tenn.-based nonprofit air medical transport service, which will join three H130s already in service.
The acquisition is part of Hospital Wing’s long-term strategy to transition its entire fleet to this helicopter model. The nonprofit also currently operates three EC130B4s, which is an earlier model, in addition to three H125s.
“We chose to standardize on the H130 for its large cabin size, excellent safety features and strong service record,” John Butora, CEO of Hospital Wing. “The H130 has really met our expectations and is the perfect fit for our mission.”
Hospital Wing serves a consortium of Mid-South area hospitals. It operates from five bases, serving 27 hospitals and providing service to residents within a 250-mile radius of Memphis, which includes West Tennessee and parts of Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Alabama and Kentucky.
Six of the nine helicopters are staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Hospital Wing transports an average of 250 patients a month, 35 percent of whom are trauma patients.
“We’re proud to support Hospital Wing as it continues to transition its fleet to the H130. The H130 is an economical, high-performance helicopter that allows medical operators to provide the highest quality care to critically ill and injured patients,” stated Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters Inc.
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Korea Aerospace selects GVH Wet Deck for Korean Coast Guard
- Alpine first to market certified Bear Paws for B505
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2018
- Evonik to exhibit at Heli-Expo 2018
- JETNET to Feature New Reporting Tools at Heli-Expo 2018
- Rogue Aviation Opens Flight School Focused on Flight Safety
- HAL seeks partner for Dhruv program Image pick a good one after searching ‘dhruv’