Airbus Helicopters Inc. has delivered a new H130 to Hospital Wing, a Memphis, Tenn.-based nonprofit air medical transport service, which will join three H130s already in service.
The acquisition is part of Hospital Wing’s long-term strategy to transition its entire fleet to this helicopter model. The nonprofit also currently operates three EC130B4s, which is an earlier model, in addition to three H125s.
“We chose to standardize on the H130 for its large cabin size, excellent safety features and strong service record,” John Butora, CEO of Hospital Wing. “The H130 has really met our expectations and is the perfect fit for our mission.”
Hospital Wing serves a consortium of Mid-South area hospitals. It operates from five bases, serving 27 hospitals and providing service to residents within a 250-mile radius of Memphis, which includes West Tennessee and parts of Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Alabama and Kentucky.
Six of the nine helicopters are staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Hospital Wing transports an average of 250 patients a month, 35 percent of whom are trauma patients.
“We’re proud to support Hospital Wing as it continues to transition its fleet to the H130. The H130 is an economical, high-performance helicopter that allows medical operators to provide the highest quality care to critically ill and injured patients,” stated Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters Inc.
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments
- The American Helicopter Museum will celebrate World Helicopter Day
- HNZ Group Reports FY2017 Q2 Results
- DART promotes Cable Cutter System
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017