Airbus Helicopters Inc. has delivered a new H130 to Hospital Wing, a Memphis, Tenn.-based nonprofit air medical transport service, which will join three H130s already in service.
The acquisition is part of Hospital Wing’s long-term strategy to transition its entire fleet to this helicopter model. The nonprofit also currently operates three EC130B4s, which is an earlier model, in addition to three H125s.
“We chose to standardize on the H130 for its large cabin size, excellent safety features and strong service record,” John Butora, CEO of Hospital Wing. “The H130 has really met our expectations and is the perfect fit for our mission.”
Hospital Wing serves a consortium of Mid-South area hospitals. It operates from five bases, serving 27 hospitals and providing service to residents within a 250-mile radius of Memphis, which includes West Tennessee and parts of Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Alabama and Kentucky.
Six of the nine helicopters are staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Hospital Wing transports an average of 250 patients a month, 35 percent of whom are trauma patients.
“We’re proud to support Hospital Wing as it continues to transition its fleet to the H130. The H130 is an economical, high-performance helicopter that allows medical operators to provide the highest quality care to critically ill and injured patients,” stated Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters Inc.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd