Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI) today announced that Transport Canada has certified its Inlet Barrier Filters (IBFs) for installation on Airbus AS350 B3, EC130 B4, and EC130 T2 helicopters.
The IBFs keep contamination, including dirt, dust, salt and foreign objects, from degrading the performance and reliability of helicopter engines. Barrier filter technology applied to turbine engine inlets also has the potential to provide substantial return on investment for operators, along with needed performance improvements on many platforms. In most cases, turbine engine components are life-limited parts, but without advanced filtration seldom reach their design life.
“These helicopters are doing important work across the country,” said Matt Fortuna, general manager of Donaldson Aerospace & Defense. “Donaldson is proud to make superior IBF engine protection available to more Canadian operators.”
Donaldson offers 16 Transport Canada certified filtration systems for a range of Airbus, AgustaWestland, Bell, MD Helicopters and Sikorsky helicopters; 14 are certified to operate in falling and blowing snow conditions.
A range of oiled and dry media IBFs will be on display July 24-29 in Donaldson exhibit 376 during the Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA) Conference and Expo in Reno, Nev.
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Korea Aerospace selects GVH Wet Deck for Korean Coast Guard
- Alpine first to market certified Bear Paws for B505
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2018
- Evonik to exhibit at Heli-Expo 2018
- JETNET to Feature New Reporting Tools at Heli-Expo 2018
- Rogue Aviation Opens Flight School Focused on Flight Safety
- HAL seeks partner for Dhruv program Image pick a good one after searching ‘dhruv’