DART Aerospace has received FAA & EASA approvals for the redesigned H145 emergency float system. Now certified for Sea State 6, the float system boasts longer maintenance intervals, weight savings and is compatible with OEM fixed provisions.
DART offers an exclusive patented float design with integrated liferafts. The safety benefits of this system architecture compared to in-cabin rafts include:
- Improved access to the liferaft in emergency situations
- Faster liferaft deployment following a water landing
Nearly 10 years ago, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) conducted a study on several helicopter accidents in which the aircraft crashed or ditched into the Gulf of Mexico. Safety recommendations done by the NTSB to the FAA covered the two (2) benefits above when equipping rotorcraft with externally mounted liferafts.
Additional features and benefits of the H145 Emergency Float System include:
- Inspections at 18 months intervals (instead of 12)
- Field replaceable valves
- 2 externally mounted integrated liferafts
- Improved stability due to Tri-bag float design
- 45% lighter than other external liferaft options achieved by eliminating the container or valise
Available variants of this system include: automatic inflation, LH or RH hoist compatibility, skid extensions, valve covers and float system without integrated liferaft.
DART designs and manufactures its own inflatables that offer weight savings, longer maintenance intervals and patented integrated liferafts. This company is your one-stop shop for flotation systems, landing gear, specialty equipment, tools and GSE for all major OEM’s.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills