DART Aerospace has received FAA & EASA approvals for the redesigned H145 emergency float system. Now certified for Sea State 6, the float system boasts longer maintenance intervals, weight savings and is compatible with OEM fixed provisions.
DART offers an exclusive patented float design with integrated liferafts. The safety benefits of this system architecture compared to in-cabin rafts include:
- Improved access to the liferaft in emergency situations
- Faster liferaft deployment following a water landing
Nearly 10 years ago, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) conducted a study on several helicopter accidents in which the aircraft crashed or ditched into the Gulf of Mexico. Safety recommendations done by the NTSB to the FAA covered the two (2) benefits above when equipping rotorcraft with externally mounted liferafts.
Additional features and benefits of the H145 Emergency Float System include:
- Inspections at 18 months intervals (instead of 12)
- Field replaceable valves
- 2 externally mounted integrated liferafts
- Improved stability due to Tri-bag float design
- 45% lighter than other external liferaft options achieved by eliminating the container or valise
Available variants of this system include: automatic inflation, LH or RH hoist compatibility, skid extensions, valve covers and float system without integrated liferaft.
DART designs and manufactures its own inflatables that offer weight savings, longer maintenance intervals and patented integrated liferafts. This company is your one-stop shop for flotation systems, landing gear, specialty equipment, tools and GSE for all major OEM’s.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd