Robinson Helicopter Company received FAA certification for its R66 Turbine Newscopter. The turnkey ready R66 ENG (Electronic News Gathering) helicopter is the ideal solution for television news outlets wanting a reliable, economical, turbine powered helicopter with a state-of-the-art news broadcasting system.
Powered by the Rolls Royce RR300 turbine engine, the four-place R66 Newscopter delivers greater capacity and increased altitude performance. The standard R66 ENG package includes a five-axis gyro stabilized gimbal that houses an Ikegami HD camera and Canon’s 22-to-1 HD lens. For tighter coverage, an optional gimbal that accommodates the camera and Canon’s 40-to-1 lens is available.
Also standard are Garmin’s G500H PFD/MFD system, Garmin’s GTN 650 navigator, three HD micro cameras, two seven-inch monitors, and two Geneva digital audio controllers. In the aft compartment, camera controls are located on the center and laptop consoles and images display on several HD monitors. A multitude of options are available including a HeliSAS autopilot and air conditioning.
On July 24th, Robinson delivered the first production R66 Newscopter to longtime Robinson dealer SKY Helicopters of Dallas, Texas. SKY, a leading provider of ENG services, operates twelve R44 Newscopters.
“The addition of the R66 Newscopter allows us to provide our customers (including those at highaltitudes) with long-lens camera performance and dual-path simultaneous transport streams. This means we can send two different video feeds down one microwave path for stations that share the helicopter,” said Ken Pyatt, CEO of SKY Helicopters.
The R66 Turbine Newscopter meets the latest FAA crashworthiness regulations and is priced at US $1,307,000.
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away