Robinson Helicopter Company received FAA certification for its R66 Turbine Newscopter. The turnkey ready R66 ENG (Electronic News Gathering) helicopter is the ideal solution for television news outlets wanting a reliable, economical, turbine powered helicopter with a state-of-the-art news broadcasting system.
Powered by the Rolls Royce RR300 turbine engine, the four-place R66 Newscopter delivers greater capacity and increased altitude performance. The standard R66 ENG package includes a five-axis gyro stabilized gimbal that houses an Ikegami HD camera and Canon’s 22-to-1 HD lens. For tighter coverage, an optional gimbal that accommodates the camera and Canon’s 40-to-1 lens is available.
Also standard are Garmin’s G500H PFD/MFD system, Garmin’s GTN 650 navigator, three HD micro cameras, two seven-inch monitors, and two Geneva digital audio controllers. In the aft compartment, camera controls are located on the center and laptop consoles and images display on several HD monitors. A multitude of options are available including a HeliSAS autopilot and air conditioning.
On July 24th, Robinson delivered the first production R66 Newscopter to longtime Robinson dealer SKY Helicopters of Dallas, Texas. SKY, a leading provider of ENG services, operates twelve R44 Newscopters.
“The addition of the R66 Newscopter allows us to provide our customers (including those at highaltitudes) with long-lens camera performance and dual-path simultaneous transport streams. This means we can send two different video feeds down one microwave path for stations that share the helicopter,” said Ken Pyatt, CEO of SKY Helicopters.
The R66 Turbine Newscopter meets the latest FAA crashworthiness regulations and is priced at US $1,307,000.
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight
- Airbus to offer H135 to U.S. Navy
- Honeywell Introduces New Flight Data Monitoring App
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Coptersafety appoints Head of Development and Test Pilot
- NASA to Send Helicopter to Mars
- Sikorsky Begins Deliveries to the U.S. Marine Corps