The Phoenix Ranger-LR produces photorealistic 3D point cloud data collected efficiently over extensive regions, which for law enforcement purposes specifically, can provide greater context, awareness, and tactical accuracy. Currently, agencies typically use ground based LiDAR as a crime scene mapping technology for forensics. Aerial LiDAR from a drone or helicopter has proven to be efficient for larger, outdoor scenes as line-of-sight issues can restrict ground LiDAR scans from capturing the entire area. Using multiple scans requires stitching which can negatively impact resolution and accuracy. Airborne LiDAR produces data on everything within its massive swath with pinpoint accuracy, significantly reducing the need for stitching.
“Drone based LiDAR is another emerging tool for law enforcement to gather valuable information and tactically assess large areas,” said Helinet President & COO Jim McGowan. “We look forward to supporting agencies across the country with this newly acquired and powerful airborne technology.”
Additional benefits of aerial LiDAR for law enforcement include exposing unmapped trails hidden in remote backwoods, determining width, elevation, and length of roads, detecting micro topography hidden by vegetation, and gathering ground surface information affected by human activities.
Helinet’s technology group specializes in supplying turnkey mission system solutions and services. Helinet also supplies unequaled drone services and support through its accomplished field operations capability.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills