The Phoenix Ranger-LR produces photorealistic 3D point cloud data collected efficiently over extensive regions, which for law enforcement purposes specifically, can provide greater context, awareness, and tactical accuracy. Currently, agencies typically use ground based LiDAR as a crime scene mapping technology for forensics. Aerial LiDAR from a drone or helicopter has proven to be efficient for larger, outdoor scenes as line-of-sight issues can restrict ground LiDAR scans from capturing the entire area. Using multiple scans requires stitching which can negatively impact resolution and accuracy. Airborne LiDAR produces data on everything within its massive swath with pinpoint accuracy, significantly reducing the need for stitching.
“Drone based LiDAR is another emerging tool for law enforcement to gather valuable information and tactically assess large areas,” said Helinet President & COO Jim McGowan. “We look forward to supporting agencies across the country with this newly acquired and powerful airborne technology.”
Additional benefits of aerial LiDAR for law enforcement include exposing unmapped trails hidden in remote backwoods, determining width, elevation, and length of roads, detecting micro topography hidden by vegetation, and gathering ground surface information affected by human activities.
Helinet’s technology group specializes in supplying turnkey mission system solutions and services. Helinet also supplies unequaled drone services and support through its accomplished field operations capability.
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province