Vertiport Chicago, North America’s largest commercial heliport facility, will host the Chicago Helicopter Show on Thursday, August 10, 2017. The event is sponsored by Chicago-based Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI), the world’s leading provider of maintenance support and financial services to the business aviation industry.
The Chicago Helicopter Show will be held at Vertiport Chicago, which is located at 1339 S. Wood Street, near downtown Chicago. The event is free and open to the public from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. CDT on August 10.
Bob McCabe, Chief Business Development Officer of Vertiport Chicago, said, “As the company that brought back a dedicated commercial helicopter facility to downtown Chicago, Vertiport Chicago is excited to be hosting Chicago’s first helicopter show. Helicopters save and protect lives, serve the community, and bring business to Chicago. Vertiport is pleased to serve as a vital hub for emergency medical service flights. We hope you can join us for this free event to see and learn about the amazing types of helicopters that help our city every day.”
Vertiport Chicago is a state-of-the-art, full-service, Fixed Base Operation (FBO) commercial helicopter facility located in Chicago. Just minutes from downtown, it offers premium, VIP style, helicopter tour and charter brokerage services.
“JSSI is thrilled to partner with Vertiport Chicago to sponsor the first Chicago Helicopter Show,” said Ray Weiser, Senior Director Helicopter Services at JSSI. “The helicopter industry is a growth market opportunity for JSSI, and we are pleased to help spur the awareness and expansion of helicopter travel in the Chicagoland area.” JSSI offers operations and maintenance services for nearly all types of turbine-powered aircraft, including business and commercial jets, turboprops and helicopters.
Vertiport VIP Helicopter Tours will be offering special show helicopter tours. Tickets for a 5–7-minute ride will be available for $75 per person at the show. Attendees will also have the opportunity to see nearly 20 types of helicopters up close and talk with the pilots. Local food truck vendors will be on site offering concessions for purchase.
Featured helicopters are expected to include:
- University of Chicago Airbus Dauphin AS365N2: Emergency medical helicopter that transfers patients and organs
- Army Sikorsky Blackhawk UH-60: Military service helicopter
- Elite Rotorcraft Airbus Astar and Bell LongRanger: Used for filming movies and commercials, photography, executive travel, private tours, and charters to Autobahn
- AM Air Service Bell 222 & Hughes 369: Provide executive charter service, private tours, cargo delivery, photography, and pilot training
- HeliFlite Bell 430: Offers executive charter service and private tours
- NBC5 Bell 206 LongRanger: News helicopter
- DHL Bell 206: Package delivery service
- Weathertech Airbus H145: Provides executive charter service
- Spectrum Aeromed Completes Production Amendment
- AUTOFLUG releases new options for passenger transport
- Metro continues to improve the MetroAlert app
- DynaVibe Track and Balance System gains Robinson acceptance
- HeliRussia and Show Observer renew partnership
- AHS Announces 2018 Group Award Winners
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018