Vertiport Chicago, North America’s largest commercial heliport facility, will host the Chicago Helicopter Show on Thursday, August 10, 2017. The event is sponsored by Chicago-based Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI), the world’s leading provider of maintenance support and financial services to the business aviation industry.
The Chicago Helicopter Show will be held at Vertiport Chicago, which is located at 1339 S. Wood Street, near downtown Chicago. The event is free and open to the public from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. CDT on August 10.
Bob McCabe, Chief Business Development Officer of Vertiport Chicago, said, “As the company that brought back a dedicated commercial helicopter facility to downtown Chicago, Vertiport Chicago is excited to be hosting Chicago’s first helicopter show. Helicopters save and protect lives, serve the community, and bring business to Chicago. Vertiport is pleased to serve as a vital hub for emergency medical service flights. We hope you can join us for this free event to see and learn about the amazing types of helicopters that help our city every day.”
Vertiport Chicago is a state-of-the-art, full-service, Fixed Base Operation (FBO) commercial helicopter facility located in Chicago. Just minutes from downtown, it offers premium, VIP style, helicopter tour and charter brokerage services.
“JSSI is thrilled to partner with Vertiport Chicago to sponsor the first Chicago Helicopter Show,” said Ray Weiser, Senior Director Helicopter Services at JSSI. “The helicopter industry is a growth market opportunity for JSSI, and we are pleased to help spur the awareness and expansion of helicopter travel in the Chicagoland area.” JSSI offers operations and maintenance services for nearly all types of turbine-powered aircraft, including business and commercial jets, turboprops and helicopters.
Vertiport VIP Helicopter Tours will be offering special show helicopter tours. Tickets for a 5–7-minute ride will be available for $75 per person at the show. Attendees will also have the opportunity to see nearly 20 types of helicopters up close and talk with the pilots. Local food truck vendors will be on site offering concessions for purchase.
Featured helicopters are expected to include:
- University of Chicago Airbus Dauphin AS365N2: Emergency medical helicopter that transfers patients and organs
- Army Sikorsky Blackhawk UH-60: Military service helicopter
- Elite Rotorcraft Airbus Astar and Bell LongRanger: Used for filming movies and commercials, photography, executive travel, private tours, and charters to Autobahn
- AM Air Service Bell 222 & Hughes 369: Provide executive charter service, private tours, cargo delivery, photography, and pilot training
- HeliFlite Bell 430: Offers executive charter service and private tours
- NBC5 Bell 206 LongRanger: News helicopter
- DHL Bell 206: Package delivery service
- Weathertech Airbus H145: Provides executive charter service
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Changes for SB-1 Defiant Test Flight
- Asbestos forces Canadian SAR EH101s to move out of Gander
- Lockheed Awarded $382M Contract for Production and Delivery for 8 MH-60R
- NEXA Advisors and VFS to Produce Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- PAC delivers 3 Upgraded EC135s
- Trials to launch and land Chinooks on RFA Tidesurge
- Thales to set up Chinese training centre with Avicopter
- SGT Wins Contracts to Support US Army Black Hawk
- CHC Continues 50 Years of Service with Point Resources AS
- Appareo expands AML-STC for Stratus ADS-B Out transponders
- AviChina Acquires AVIC
- Bell Reveals V-247 Vigilant
- Airbus Works with HUMS System
- Polish Navy Overhaul Mi-14 SAR
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey