Tour Operators Program of Safety announced Katherine Hilst has joined the organization as executive director, bringing nearly 30 years in the aviation industry.
Hilst will further refine the way in which TOPS and its members apply safety risk management principles. This will include bringing together expertise from authorities and industry stakeholders to continue to develop the TOPS audit and safety tools with regard to a data-driven approach to managing safety. These efforts are designed to ensure continued vigilance and improve safety for today and into the future.
“Katherine comes to us with an incomparable breadth of aviation experience as a pilot, aviation attorney, safety manager, consultant and auditor. The entire TOPS board of directors is thrilled knowing the organization is in capable hands,” says Craig Jennison, chairman, TOPS.
She is a certified flight instructor with CFI and CFII ratings, as well as a commercial fixed-wing and helicopter pilot. She holds two bachelor degrees, in addition to a Master of Aeronautical System Safety from Embry Riddle University and a Juris Doctor from the University of Washington. She is admitted to the Washington State Bar Association.
Concludes John Becker, board member, TOPS, “Katherine has been a long-respected associate of TOPS and an enduring advocate for best practices in tour safety protocols. I look forward to seeing where Katherine’s vision for TOPS takes the organization and its members.”
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad