Tour Operators Program of Safety announced Katherine Hilst has joined the organization as executive director, bringing nearly 30 years in the aviation industry.
Hilst will further refine the way in which TOPS and its members apply safety risk management principles. This will include bringing together expertise from authorities and industry stakeholders to continue to develop the TOPS audit and safety tools with regard to a data-driven approach to managing safety. These efforts are designed to ensure continued vigilance and improve safety for today and into the future.
“Katherine comes to us with an incomparable breadth of aviation experience as a pilot, aviation attorney, safety manager, consultant and auditor. The entire TOPS board of directors is thrilled knowing the organization is in capable hands,” says Craig Jennison, chairman, TOPS.
She is a certified flight instructor with CFI and CFII ratings, as well as a commercial fixed-wing and helicopter pilot. She holds two bachelor degrees, in addition to a Master of Aeronautical System Safety from Embry Riddle University and a Juris Doctor from the University of Washington. She is admitted to the Washington State Bar Association.
Concludes John Becker, board member, TOPS, “Katherine has been a long-respected associate of TOPS and an enduring advocate for best practices in tour safety protocols. I look forward to seeing where Katherine’s vision for TOPS takes the organization and its members.”
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion