Tour Operators Program of Safety announced Katherine Hilst has joined the organization as executive director, bringing nearly 30 years in the aviation industry.
Hilst will further refine the way in which TOPS and its members apply safety risk management principles. This will include bringing together expertise from authorities and industry stakeholders to continue to develop the TOPS audit and safety tools with regard to a data-driven approach to managing safety. These efforts are designed to ensure continued vigilance and improve safety for today and into the future.
“Katherine comes to us with an incomparable breadth of aviation experience as a pilot, aviation attorney, safety manager, consultant and auditor. The entire TOPS board of directors is thrilled knowing the organization is in capable hands,” says Craig Jennison, chairman, TOPS.
She is a certified flight instructor with CFI and CFII ratings, as well as a commercial fixed-wing and helicopter pilot. She holds two bachelor degrees, in addition to a Master of Aeronautical System Safety from Embry Riddle University and a Juris Doctor from the University of Washington. She is admitted to the Washington State Bar Association.
Concludes John Becker, board member, TOPS, “Katherine has been a long-respected associate of TOPS and an enduring advocate for best practices in tour safety protocols. I look forward to seeing where Katherine’s vision for TOPS takes the organization and its members.”
- Bell-Boeing awarded $35M contract for V-22 Support
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award