Tour Operators Program of Safety announced Katherine Hilst has joined the organization as executive director, bringing nearly 30 years in the aviation industry.
Hilst will further refine the way in which TOPS and its members apply safety risk management principles. This will include bringing together expertise from authorities and industry stakeholders to continue to develop the TOPS audit and safety tools with regard to a data-driven approach to managing safety. These efforts are designed to ensure continued vigilance and improve safety for today and into the future.
“Katherine comes to us with an incomparable breadth of aviation experience as a pilot, aviation attorney, safety manager, consultant and auditor. The entire TOPS board of directors is thrilled knowing the organization is in capable hands,” says Craig Jennison, chairman, TOPS.
She is a certified flight instructor with CFI and CFII ratings, as well as a commercial fixed-wing and helicopter pilot. She holds two bachelor degrees, in addition to a Master of Aeronautical System Safety from Embry Riddle University and a Juris Doctor from the University of Washington. She is admitted to the Washington State Bar Association.
Concludes John Becker, board member, TOPS, “Katherine has been a long-respected associate of TOPS and an enduring advocate for best practices in tour safety protocols. I look forward to seeing where Katherine’s vision for TOPS takes the organization and its members.”
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years
- Metro Aviation delivers H145 to Avera Careflight
- Milestone announces two key appointments
- DSCA approved sale of 6 AH-64E Apaches to India
- Babcock wins BP Sheltand operations from Bristow
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109
- Universities Order More R44 Cadets
- Airwork customers hit 300,000 customer flight milestone
- EASA and FAA approve Alpine Aerotech bear paws for Bell 505
- Helicopter-based electricity pylon delivery relies on wireless load sensing
- uAvionix says skyBeacon nearing certification
- Helicopter Services Malta launches superyacht service package
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Dallas Avionics to Pre-Sale Certified uAvionix skyBeacon
- Multiflight to exhibit at Heli UK Expo
- United Rotorcraft receives China CAAC Validation for Bell 407