The Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec State Corporation) together with Iran Helicopters Support and Renewal Company (IHSRC) will test the light utility helicopter Ka-226T for its usability at extremely high temperatures.
The tests will be conducted on the Iranian company site within the framework of a memorandum signed by the parties in May 2017 at the international exhibition HeliRussia-2017. The Ka-226T has already arrived at Iran and started its first test flights.
The objective of these tests that will continue until the end of August is to prove the usability of the Ka-226T at ambient temperatures of up to +50°C.
Moreover, in early September, Russian Helicopters together with IHSRC are going to hold a conference in Iran to acquaint the potential customers with the test results, specifics of the Ka-226T operation and its competitive advantages.
“Testing of the Ka-226T in the extreme climatic conditions of Iran will make the helicopter even more attractive for the potential operators not only in this country but also throughout the Middle East. We can notice the great interest towards this helicopter in the region even now, and we hope that our cooperation with our partners from IHSRC will allow us to turn this interest into several contracts and agreements,” said Andrey Boginsky, CEO of Russian Helicopters.
The light utility helicopter Ka-226T has a coaxial twin-rotor system, its maximum takeoff weight is 3.6 t, and it is able to transport up to 1 t of payload. The main distinctive feature of the helicopter is its modular design – a transport cabin that can carry up to 6 people or modules with special equipment can be easily installed on the Ka-226T. Improved performance characteristics of the Ka-226T, its eco-friendly features, cost effectiveness, advanced avionics and additional flight safety solutions make this helicopter one of the best models in its class.
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion