BLR Aerospace today announced that its FastFin® Tail Rotor Enhancement and Stability System has been certified by Brazil’s Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC) for installation on Airbus H125 helicopters.
The H125 FastFin system was certified in late 2016 by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and recently received approval from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). The system is available to the aftermarket and as a factory-installed STC option on new Airbus H125 helicopters.
Thirty H125 FastFin Systems have been sold to operators in Europe and North America. “BLR is gratified to bring the FastFin System to H125 operators in Brazil,” said BLR President Mike Carpenter. “It’s a proven, value-enhancing technology that helps make missions more efficient and productive.”
The FastFin System uses advanced airflow management to increase the effectiveness of the H125 anti-torque system for significant increases to useful load and aircraft stability, especially in hot/high conditions. Benefits include a useful load increase up to 130 pounds and a 10 percent improvement in pedal margins. In addition to increases in useful load, FastFin System benefits include reductions in pilot workload, easier control in precision hover-hold operations and better management of the yaw axis when hovering in challenging crosswinds.
More than 1,000 of BLR’s performance-enhancing FastFin Systems have been installed on helicopters worldwide.
- Gozo Air Ambulance makes 57 flights in first year
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Drone Delivery Canada Commences Testing on Raven X1400
- Héli-Union increases it’s AW139 fleet
- CHC starts $6M Aberdeen redevelopment
- Bell-Boeing awarded $35M contract for V-22 Support
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad