BLR Aerospace today announced that its FastFin® Tail Rotor Enhancement and Stability System has been certified by Brazil’s Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC) for installation on Airbus H125 helicopters.
The H125 FastFin system was certified in late 2016 by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and recently received approval from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). The system is available to the aftermarket and as a factory-installed STC option on new Airbus H125 helicopters.
Thirty H125 FastFin Systems have been sold to operators in Europe and North America. “BLR is gratified to bring the FastFin System to H125 operators in Brazil,” said BLR President Mike Carpenter. “It’s a proven, value-enhancing technology that helps make missions more efficient and productive.”
The FastFin System uses advanced airflow management to increase the effectiveness of the H125 anti-torque system for significant increases to useful load and aircraft stability, especially in hot/high conditions. Benefits include a useful load increase up to 130 pounds and a 10 percent improvement in pedal margins. In addition to increases in useful load, FastFin System benefits include reductions in pilot workload, easier control in precision hover-hold operations and better management of the yaw axis when hovering in challenging crosswinds.
More than 1,000 of BLR’s performance-enhancing FastFin Systems have been installed on helicopters worldwide.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad