First-rate operational effectiveness of a RNAS Yeovilton-based Wildcat helicopter Flight was recognised with the award of the prestigious Osprey Trophy.
The Osprey trophy was awarded to 209 Flight on 815 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) for their achievements whilst operationally embarked in RFA Mounts Bay.
Over the past year 209 Flight have successfully undertaken a demanding programme of operational activity in RFA Mounts Bay on national tasking, the first ever Wildcat to operate in a conflict zone.
209 Flight helped to prevent the illegal flow of arms to terrorist organisations including the first operational Wildcat boarding over watch (a flying century post), as the Royal Navy’s newest rotary platform truly demonstrated its world leading capabilities.
The Wildcat of 209 Flight also provided essential surveillance and reconnaissance support delivering the only Rotary Wing provision to the remaining chemical weapon precursors and in September 2016 an in-theatre flight move saw them deploy into HMS Diamond.
During this time 209 Flight dealt admirably with all of the challenges and tasking presented to them.
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad
- Helimission Approved to provide Services in Himachal Pradesh
- Rapides Regional Medical Centre awaits FAA Helipad Approval
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Malaysia celebrates 50 years service of S-61 fleet
- Eagle Copters Australasia to represent Dart Aerospace in Asia Pacific region
- Blue Hawaiian partners with ranch for new tour
- Boeing expect US Army to save $1 Billion by picking MH-139
- Unitech delivers new weapons pylon for US Army Black Hawks
- Alberta hospital helipad vandalised
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance achieves NVIS status
- Helicentre launches sixth year of Pilot Scholarships
- RACQ LifeFlight builds new base at Archerfield