First-rate operational effectiveness of a RNAS Yeovilton-based Wildcat helicopter Flight was recognised with the award of the prestigious Osprey Trophy.
The Osprey trophy was awarded to 209 Flight on 815 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) for their achievements whilst operationally embarked in RFA Mounts Bay.
Over the past year 209 Flight have successfully undertaken a demanding programme of operational activity in RFA Mounts Bay on national tasking, the first ever Wildcat to operate in a conflict zone.
209 Flight helped to prevent the illegal flow of arms to terrorist organisations including the first operational Wildcat boarding over watch (a flying century post), as the Royal Navy’s newest rotary platform truly demonstrated its world leading capabilities.
The Wildcat of 209 Flight also provided essential surveillance and reconnaissance support delivering the only Rotary Wing provision to the remaining chemical weapon precursors and in September 2016 an in-theatre flight move saw them deploy into HMS Diamond.
During this time 209 Flight dealt admirably with all of the challenges and tasking presented to them.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years