First-rate operational effectiveness of a RNAS Yeovilton-based Wildcat helicopter Flight was recognised with the award of the prestigious Osprey Trophy.
The Osprey trophy was awarded to 209 Flight on 815 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) for their achievements whilst operationally embarked in RFA Mounts Bay.
Over the past year 209 Flight have successfully undertaken a demanding programme of operational activity in RFA Mounts Bay on national tasking, the first ever Wildcat to operate in a conflict zone.
209 Flight helped to prevent the illegal flow of arms to terrorist organisations including the first operational Wildcat boarding over watch (a flying century post), as the Royal Navy’s newest rotary platform truly demonstrated its world leading capabilities.
The Wildcat of 209 Flight also provided essential surveillance and reconnaissance support delivering the only Rotary Wing provision to the remaining chemical weapon precursors and in September 2016 an in-theatre flight move saw them deploy into HMS Diamond.
During this time 209 Flight dealt admirably with all of the challenges and tasking presented to them.
- Aberdeen Airport helicopter movements continue to fall
- Leonardo Withdraws Lawsuit
- Lower helicopter requirement as Fox News train 90 drone pilots
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Drone Collision
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- Helinetwork presents you with a new free service – RotorPlace.
- LCI closes on $55M capital market financing
- Era Group Celebrates 70 Years of Service
- New Isles of Scilly helicopter link to use AW169
- Helipass reaches 6 million bookings
- Where in the USA Do Helicopter Accidents Occur?
- Sikorsky awarded $127M contract for CH-53K Production
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- BIRD Aerosystems wins follow-on contract for ASIO SMA
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Voom helicopter booking platform joins Airbus
- USHST appoints Government Co-Chair
- Wills and Legal Services raises £540,000 for hospital helipads
- Convention Data Services signs three year Heli-Expo contract
- Avian-Precise Co awarded $57M contract for Vertical Lift Engineering