Building on its Global Health and Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS) best practice guidance, HeliOffshore has released type-specific guidance to support operators of the Sikorsky S92 aircraft. The annex has been developed by HeliOffshore’s System Reliability & Resilience workstream in support of the new software released by Sikorsky in January 2017.
The new tool provides multiple safety barriers to guard against anomalies in the Tail Rotor Pitch Change Shaft (TRPCS) bearing going undetected, as has occurred in a number of incidents involving the aircraft.
The new best practice guidance shows operators how to use the Sikorsky Ground-based Application Tail Gearbox Bearing Energy Analysis Tool as the primary HUMS software for monitoring the TRPCS Bearing. In normal circumstances, the tool captures data from the TRPCS Bearing every eight minutes when the aircraft is operating at level attitude, over 60 Knots Indicated Air Speed (KIAS) and when the torque of engines 1 and 2 is greater than 45%.
Developed in close cooperation with Sikorsky, the HeliOffshore HUMS team (led by Malcolm Garrington), has developed the new annex which institutes multiple levels of safety barriers that improve the ability of operators’ maintenance teams to identify potential anomalies in a more thorough and timely way.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30