Building on its Global Health and Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS) best practice guidance, HeliOffshore has released type-specific guidance to support operators of the Sikorsky S92 aircraft. The annex has been developed by HeliOffshore’s System Reliability & Resilience workstream in support of the new software released by Sikorsky in January 2017.
The new tool provides multiple safety barriers to guard against anomalies in the Tail Rotor Pitch Change Shaft (TRPCS) bearing going undetected, as has occurred in a number of incidents involving the aircraft.
The new best practice guidance shows operators how to use the Sikorsky Ground-based Application Tail Gearbox Bearing Energy Analysis Tool as the primary HUMS software for monitoring the TRPCS Bearing. In normal circumstances, the tool captures data from the TRPCS Bearing every eight minutes when the aircraft is operating at level attitude, over 60 Knots Indicated Air Speed (KIAS) and when the torque of engines 1 and 2 is greater than 45%.
Developed in close cooperation with Sikorsky, the HeliOffshore HUMS team (led by Malcolm Garrington), has developed the new annex which institutes multiple levels of safety barriers that improve the ability of operators’ maintenance teams to identify potential anomalies in a more thorough and timely way.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years