Oceania Aviation Limited are pleased to announce the completion of the mutually-beneficial acquisition of Helicare Maintenance Limited.
Headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand, Oceania Aviation is a leading general aviation business and offer a diverse suite of solutions for fixed and rotor wing aircraft at their ten facilities scattered across New Zealand, now including Nelson.
Founded in 1998, Helicare originated from Murray and Kim Wooton’s vision to provide Helicopter operators of the upper South Island and the Wellington region with dedicated maintenance support. Growth in their business led to the design and completion of their purpose-built facilities in 2002, followed by receiving their NZCAA Part 145 certification in 2009. Helicare has since been approved as a Robinson Helicopter Service Centre and although focused primarily on the maintenance of rotary aircraft, they do offer fixed wing services.
The Oceania Aviation management team see Helicare as an excellent, well-established company with a good track record.
“We are pleased and honoured to continue the good work carried out by Murray Wotton. Murray will continue to work within the business on projects where he has interest and available time. We are very pleased to have his support.”
Recognising the exceptional team at Helicare, Oceania Aviation are delighted to have the Nelson operation continue with legacy staff at the helm, driving the business into the future, now with the added benefit of inhouse access to the diverse range of services such as turbine and component overhaul, blade repair, avionics and more.
Oceania Aviation Directors, CEO and staff members have visited Helicare on numerous occasions, meeting with and getting to know the Helicare team, ensuring a seamless transition.
The acquisition was finalized on the 11th of August 2017.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad