Oceania Aviation Limited are pleased to announce the completion of the mutually-beneficial acquisition of Helicare Maintenance Limited.
Headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand, Oceania Aviation is a leading general aviation business and offer a diverse suite of solutions for fixed and rotor wing aircraft at their ten facilities scattered across New Zealand, now including Nelson.
Founded in 1998, Helicare originated from Murray and Kim Wooton’s vision to provide Helicopter operators of the upper South Island and the Wellington region with dedicated maintenance support. Growth in their business led to the design and completion of their purpose-built facilities in 2002, followed by receiving their NZCAA Part 145 certification in 2009. Helicare has since been approved as a Robinson Helicopter Service Centre and although focused primarily on the maintenance of rotary aircraft, they do offer fixed wing services.
The Oceania Aviation management team see Helicare as an excellent, well-established company with a good track record.
“We are pleased and honoured to continue the good work carried out by Murray Wotton. Murray will continue to work within the business on projects where he has interest and available time. We are very pleased to have his support.”
Recognising the exceptional team at Helicare, Oceania Aviation are delighted to have the Nelson operation continue with legacy staff at the helm, driving the business into the future, now with the added benefit of inhouse access to the diverse range of services such as turbine and component overhaul, blade repair, avionics and more.
Oceania Aviation Directors, CEO and staff members have visited Helicare on numerous occasions, meeting with and getting to know the Helicare team, ensuring a seamless transition.
The acquisition was finalized on the 11th of August 2017.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin