Oceania Aviation Limited are pleased to announce the completion of the mutually-beneficial acquisition of Helicare Maintenance Limited.
Headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand, Oceania Aviation is a leading general aviation business and offer a diverse suite of solutions for fixed and rotor wing aircraft at their ten facilities scattered across New Zealand, now including Nelson.
Founded in 1998, Helicare originated from Murray and Kim Wooton’s vision to provide Helicopter operators of the upper South Island and the Wellington region with dedicated maintenance support. Growth in their business led to the design and completion of their purpose-built facilities in 2002, followed by receiving their NZCAA Part 145 certification in 2009. Helicare has since been approved as a Robinson Helicopter Service Centre and although focused primarily on the maintenance of rotary aircraft, they do offer fixed wing services.
The Oceania Aviation management team see Helicare as an excellent, well-established company with a good track record.
“We are pleased and honoured to continue the good work carried out by Murray Wotton. Murray will continue to work within the business on projects where he has interest and available time. We are very pleased to have his support.”
Recognising the exceptional team at Helicare, Oceania Aviation are delighted to have the Nelson operation continue with legacy staff at the helm, driving the business into the future, now with the added benefit of inhouse access to the diverse range of services such as turbine and component overhaul, blade repair, avionics and more.
Oceania Aviation Directors, CEO and staff members have visited Helicare on numerous occasions, meeting with and getting to know the Helicare team, ensuring a seamless transition.
The acquisition was finalized on the 11th of August 2017.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%