In an era of dwindling budget and increased deployments, military flight training organisations will need to be much more creative and reassess their structure to overcome challenges and align more closely with the Civil Aviation regulations.
Speaking at SMi’s Military Flight Training conference this October, Major (Retd.) Peter Dean, Director of St Andrew’s Aviation will be hosting a workshop to share the UK’s Perspective of military helicopter flight training.
Participants of the workshop will receive insights on the recent transformation of UK military flying training, and explore the development of Competency Based Training in the RAF. The challenges of applied flying training in complex environments will be analysed. Delegates will also have a chance to deliberate the cost and benefits of different aircraft types and systems for flight training. Key discussions points include:
– Aircraft Selection for Military Flight Training
– Training Methodology in Military Flight Training
– Applied Training for Military Skills
– Case Study – UK Military Flying Training System (UK MFTS)
Major Peter Dean retired from the British Army in 2014 after 16 years in the Army Air Corps. During this time, he flew Lynx Mk7 in Iraq, AH-64D in Afghanistan and commanded 670 Sqn AAC, delivering the Army’s Operational Training Phase to new pilots at Middle Wallop. He now offers insights to military and civilian clients on flying training and aviation matters.
The Major joins an expert speaker line-up of senior military leaders and decision makers from leading air forces and defence organisations at the forefront of technological and training advances including the Czech Air Force, Aero Vodochody, UK RAF, French Air Force, South African Airforce, Argentinian Air Force, Italian Navy, European Personnel Recovery Centre, European Recovery Agency and many more.
The 2-day conference will provide the latest pilot training strategies and developments from the likes of: Argentina, South Africa, France, UK RAF, Norway and Italy. There will also be a dedicated focus on synthetic and live pilot training for fast jet, fixed wings and rotary platforms.
Attend Military Flight Training 2017 to network with decision makers responsible for developing the next generation of training systems and platforms as well as meet leading suppliers and companies that are solving tomorrows flight training challenges.
For those who are looking to attend, there are special rates available for military and government representatives.
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province