The “Russian Helicopters” holding (part of Rostec State Corporation) is ready for serial delivery of modernized multirole Ka-27M helicopters for the Russian Naval Aviation. The first machine has already passed through the whole set of factory tests.
Modernization works of the Ka-27M helicopters were held within the framework of a government defense contract. According to the decision of the Directorate of aviation and weapons of the Department of the Russian Ministry of Defense for provision of government defense contracts, in late June the construction and operational documentation of the Ka-27M helicopter was validated for serial production. The modernization of the helicopters will be held at the Kumertau Aviation Production Enterprise.
The helicopter is equipped with a new tactical command system that includes new acoustic and magnetometric systems, a radio reconnaissance system, an information computation system and an active phased array airborne radar station. This provides the Ka-27M with all-around visibility and the ability to detect all types of ships and submarines; detection and destruction range has grown. Modern methods of transmitting information to land and ship command posts are installed on the helicopter; connection with other helicopters is modernized.
“The modernized Ka-27M will let the Russian Naval Aviation to complete combat missions in close-in maritime zone more efficiently. In 2016, we have shipped a preproduction batch to the Russian Ministry of Defense. The machines were highly assessed by the pilots based on the exploitation results. The modernized Ka-27M helicopters possess much greater combat potential that their predecessors and will be able to fulfil a wide range of tasks for the Navy,” states Vladislav Savelyev, Deputy CEO for sales of the “Russian Helicopters” holding.
Multirole Ka-27 type helicopters of various modifications are currently the basis of the helicopter units of the Russian Naval Aviation. They provide aerial reconnaissance at sea, anti-submarine protection of naval groups, detection, tracing and destruction of submarines and ships, perform search-and-rescue operations for crews of aerial vehicles and ships who are in distress; they also implement transport tasks for ensuring successful activity of naval groups.
Igor Kozhin, Head of the Russian Naval Aviation, stated earlier that all combat Ka-27 helicopters would undergo modernization.
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad
- Helimission Approved to provide Services in Himachal Pradesh
- Rapides Regional Medical Centre awaits FAA Helipad Approval
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Malaysia celebrates 50 years service of S-61 fleet
- Eagle Copters Australasia to represent Dart Aerospace in Asia Pacific region
- Blue Hawaiian partners with ranch for new tour
- Boeing expect US Army to save $1 Billion by picking MH-139
- Unitech delivers new weapons pylon for US Army Black Hawks
- Alberta hospital helipad vandalised
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance achieves NVIS status
- Helicentre launches sixth year of Pilot Scholarships
- RACQ LifeFlight builds new base at Archerfield