The “Russian Helicopters” holding (part of Rostec State Corporation) is ready for serial delivery of modernized multirole Ka-27M helicopters for the Russian Naval Aviation. The first machine has already passed through the whole set of factory tests.
Modernization works of the Ka-27M helicopters were held within the framework of a government defense contract. According to the decision of the Directorate of aviation and weapons of the Department of the Russian Ministry of Defense for provision of government defense contracts, in late June the construction and operational documentation of the Ka-27M helicopter was validated for serial production. The modernization of the helicopters will be held at the Kumertau Aviation Production Enterprise.
The helicopter is equipped with a new tactical command system that includes new acoustic and magnetometric systems, a radio reconnaissance system, an information computation system and an active phased array airborne radar station. This provides the Ka-27M with all-around visibility and the ability to detect all types of ships and submarines; detection and destruction range has grown. Modern methods of transmitting information to land and ship command posts are installed on the helicopter; connection with other helicopters is modernized.
“The modernized Ka-27M will let the Russian Naval Aviation to complete combat missions in close-in maritime zone more efficiently. In 2016, we have shipped a preproduction batch to the Russian Ministry of Defense. The machines were highly assessed by the pilots based on the exploitation results. The modernized Ka-27M helicopters possess much greater combat potential that their predecessors and will be able to fulfil a wide range of tasks for the Navy,” states Vladislav Savelyev, Deputy CEO for sales of the “Russian Helicopters” holding.
Multirole Ka-27 type helicopters of various modifications are currently the basis of the helicopter units of the Russian Naval Aviation. They provide aerial reconnaissance at sea, anti-submarine protection of naval groups, detection, tracing and destruction of submarines and ships, perform search-and-rescue operations for crews of aerial vehicles and ships who are in distress; they also implement transport tasks for ensuring successful activity of naval groups.
Igor Kozhin, Head of the Russian Naval Aviation, stated earlier that all combat Ka-27 helicopters would undergo modernization.
- Aberdeen Airport helicopter movements continue to fall
- Leonardo Withdraws Lawsuit
- Lower helicopter requirement as Fox News train 90 drone pilots
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Drone Collision
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- Helinetwork presents you with a new free service – RotorPlace.
- LCI closes on $55M capital market financing
- Era Group Celebrates 70 Years of Service
- New Isles of Scilly helicopter link to use AW169
- Helipass reaches 6 million bookings
- Where in the USA Do Helicopter Accidents Occur?
- Sikorsky awarded $127M contract for CH-53K Production
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- BIRD Aerosystems wins follow-on contract for ASIO SMA
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Voom helicopter booking platform joins Airbus
- USHST appoints Government Co-Chair
- Wills and Legal Services raises £540,000 for hospital helipads
- Convention Data Services signs three year Heli-Expo contract
- Avian-Precise Co awarded $57M contract for Vertical Lift Engineering