Babcock MCS Onshore Ltd have successfully completed an innovative partnership project with Hampshire and Isle of Wight and the Thames Valley Air Ambulance to enable airborne connectivity. The first within the Babcock HEMS Fleet.
Comprehensive EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference) testing has been completed in accordance with current EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) requirements to ensure that the installation and any devices which may connect to it do not interfere with the aircraft systems.
The modification allows our HEMS paramedics and doctors to gain access to the internet using the 3G/4G network from the aircraft whilst airborne.
The ability to transmit live from the aircraft opens up a world of technological advances for the medical crews including:
Ability for patients data to be reviewed by hospital prior to aircraft arrival
Electronic Patient Record Form
Potential Open Voice Channels
Access to patient data from the ground
Enhanced statistical analysis abilities
Working alongside Thames Valley Air Ambulance we have a unique operating partnership and it’s this partnership approach which has enabled Babcock MCS Onshore to introduce this technological advancement to the South Central Region.
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia