Babcock MCS Onshore Ltd have successfully completed an innovative partnership project with Hampshire and Isle of Wight and the Thames Valley Air Ambulance to enable airborne connectivity. The first within the Babcock HEMS Fleet.
Comprehensive EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference) testing has been completed in accordance with current EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) requirements to ensure that the installation and any devices which may connect to it do not interfere with the aircraft systems.
The modification allows our HEMS paramedics and doctors to gain access to the internet using the 3G/4G network from the aircraft whilst airborne.
The ability to transmit live from the aircraft opens up a world of technological advances for the medical crews including:
Ability for patients data to be reviewed by hospital prior to aircraft arrival
Electronic Patient Record Form
Potential Open Voice Channels
Access to patient data from the ground
Enhanced statistical analysis abilities
Working alongside Thames Valley Air Ambulance we have a unique operating partnership and it’s this partnership approach which has enabled Babcock MCS Onshore to introduce this technological advancement to the South Central Region.
- Airbus presents latest innovations at the 2018 ILA Berlin Air Show
- Donaldson IBFs approved for installation on H125
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Helisota and ASA signs cooperation agreement
- Waypoint Leases H135s to ALT
- New Executive Vice President of PRISM appointed
- HELP to fund new DIFFS at Manchester University Hospitals
- StandardAero Celebrates First Anniversary as GE T700 Authorized MRO Provider
- Japan Coast Guard orders one more H225
- Air Alderney prepares for EC155 scheduled services
- First Bell 505 delivered to Mexico
- EASA certifies Safran Arriel 2H on Avicopter AC312E
- EASA Management Board re-elects Executive Director
- VR-Technologies of Russian Helicopters start tests of VRT300 UAV
- AHS Rebrands as “The Vertical Flight Society”
- Rostec to create VRT500 prototype by the end of 2019
- Safran Ardiden 3C obtains EASA type certification
- Virginia State Police Honour Late Trooper
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package