Babcock MCS Onshore Ltd have successfully completed an innovative partnership project with Hampshire and Isle of Wight and the Thames Valley Air Ambulance to enable airborne connectivity. The first within the Babcock HEMS Fleet.
Comprehensive EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference) testing has been completed in accordance with current EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) requirements to ensure that the installation and any devices which may connect to it do not interfere with the aircraft systems.
The modification allows our HEMS paramedics and doctors to gain access to the internet using the 3G/4G network from the aircraft whilst airborne.
The ability to transmit live from the aircraft opens up a world of technological advances for the medical crews including:
Ability for patients data to be reviewed by hospital prior to aircraft arrival
Electronic Patient Record Form
Potential Open Voice Channels
Access to patient data from the ground
Enhanced statistical analysis abilities
Working alongside Thames Valley Air Ambulance we have a unique operating partnership and it’s this partnership approach which has enabled Babcock MCS Onshore to introduce this technological advancement to the South Central Region.
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract