Babcock MCS Onshore Ltd have successfully completed an innovative partnership project with Hampshire and Isle of Wight and the Thames Valley Air Ambulance to enable airborne connectivity. The first within the Babcock HEMS Fleet.
Comprehensive EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference) testing has been completed in accordance with current EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) requirements to ensure that the installation and any devices which may connect to it do not interfere with the aircraft systems.
The modification allows our HEMS paramedics and doctors to gain access to the internet using the 3G/4G network from the aircraft whilst airborne.
The ability to transmit live from the aircraft opens up a world of technological advances for the medical crews including:
Ability for patients data to be reviewed by hospital prior to aircraft arrival
Electronic Patient Record Form
Potential Open Voice Channels
Access to patient data from the ground
Enhanced statistical analysis abilities
Working alongside Thames Valley Air Ambulance we have a unique operating partnership and it’s this partnership approach which has enabled Babcock MCS Onshore to introduce this technological advancement to the South Central Region.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%