The “Russian Helicopters” holding (part of Rostec State Corporation) and the Russian Ministry of Defense signed a contract on formation of the concept of a high-speed combat helicopter within the framework of the International military-technical forum “Army-2017”.
The contract between Russian Helicopters and the Ministry of Defense involves works on determining the technical appearance of the perspective high-speed combat helicopter. The construction bureaus included into holding are now developing this sphere. In these works, the reserve that has been created during the previous research works is used, including the results of flight tests of the flying laboratory of a perspective high-speed helicopter with a new main rotor.
“As of now, the holding has a significant scientific and technical reserve in the sphere of the perspective high-speed helicopter project – not only through the holding’s own funds but also due to the state sources of financing. Both the Ministry of Defense and our holding believe the parameters received during the tests and the experience gained to be enough to move on to the next stage – the development of a high-speed combat helicopter. The contract signed today is a serious step towards the new generation of helicopter construction, with higher speeds and flight and technical characteristics,” noted Andrey Boginsky, CEO of the “Russian helicopters” holding, on the results of the signing.
The contract is agreed for two years, and as a result of its implementation, the appearance of the combat helicopter should be determined and the technical task for the experimental construction works formed.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%