UKROBORONPROM SE Konotop Aircraft Repair Plant “Aviakon” – together with scientific institutions of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine – diversifies components of Russian production, modernizing Mi helicopters for the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
For the purpose of import substitution program implementation – particulary in providing units for Mi-24 EMS, specialists of the enterprise developed a draft bulletin for replacing voltage regulators. At the beginning of April 2017, “Aviakon ” modernized helicopter Mi-24PU1 with domestic EMS successfully passed control tests. As of today, this helicopter is already transferred to the Ukrainian army aviation’s units of the Ukrainian Ground Forces. Mi-24PU1 is designed to increase mobility of ground troops, providing them with fire support on the battlefield.
Modernized Mi-8MTs – produced by the State Enterprise “Aviacon” – will serve for the Armed Forces of Ukraine; will also be introduced, which will also diversify Russian components and perform a range of work to improve the characteristics and bring them to the level of modern operational requirements. In July 2017, on the basis of the State Enterprise “Aviakon”, Mi-8MT helicopter with flight recorder of domestic production underwent control tests.
At present, at UOP enterprise – with participation of the State Research Center of the Armed Forces of Ukraine – control tests of the modernized helicopter Mi-8MT with new weather radar, satellite navigation system and reserve radio station – are conducted. The new equipment is installed in accordance with the draft bulletins, developed by the specialists of the SE”Aviakon”. Mi-8MT (MTV) helicopters form the basis of helicopter military transport aviation in many countries of the world and are characterized by their power and reliability; they also have a considerable reserve capacity. After Testing Act approval, it is planned to introduce the bulletin into operation. This will allow to install the given device on helicopters of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
By the end of 2017, the SE “Aviakon” will modernize and transfer 7 units of MI-8MT to army aviation; the National Guard of Ukraine and the State Emergency Service of Ukraine will receive one helicopter each.
UKROBORONPROM is the driver of economic development throughout the country – 200+ thousand workers are involved in cooperation with the State Concern to implement import substitution program.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years