UKROBORONPROM SE Konotop Aircraft Repair Plant “Aviakon” – together with scientific institutions of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine – diversifies components of Russian production, modernizing Mi helicopters for the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
For the purpose of import substitution program implementation – particulary in providing units for Mi-24 EMS, specialists of the enterprise developed a draft bulletin for replacing voltage regulators. At the beginning of April 2017, “Aviakon ” modernized helicopter Mi-24PU1 with domestic EMS successfully passed control tests. As of today, this helicopter is already transferred to the Ukrainian army aviation’s units of the Ukrainian Ground Forces. Mi-24PU1 is designed to increase mobility of ground troops, providing them with fire support on the battlefield.
Modernized Mi-8MTs – produced by the State Enterprise “Aviacon” – will serve for the Armed Forces of Ukraine; will also be introduced, which will also diversify Russian components and perform a range of work to improve the characteristics and bring them to the level of modern operational requirements. In July 2017, on the basis of the State Enterprise “Aviakon”, Mi-8MT helicopter with flight recorder of domestic production underwent control tests.
At present, at UOP enterprise – with participation of the State Research Center of the Armed Forces of Ukraine – control tests of the modernized helicopter Mi-8MT with new weather radar, satellite navigation system and reserve radio station – are conducted. The new equipment is installed in accordance with the draft bulletins, developed by the specialists of the SE”Aviakon”. Mi-8MT (MTV) helicopters form the basis of helicopter military transport aviation in many countries of the world and are characterized by their power and reliability; they also have a considerable reserve capacity. After Testing Act approval, it is planned to introduce the bulletin into operation. This will allow to install the given device on helicopters of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
By the end of 2017, the SE “Aviakon” will modernize and transfer 7 units of MI-8MT to army aviation; the National Guard of Ukraine and the State Emergency Service of Ukraine will receive one helicopter each.
UKROBORONPROM is the driver of economic development throughout the country – 200+ thousand workers are involved in cooperation with the State Concern to implement import substitution program.
- IBAC Welcomes the African Business Aviation Association
- Evolux partners with IEX Helicopters in Southern California
- Garmin delivers one-millionth certified avionics product
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- EFW awarded $8M contract for V-22 integrated avionics processors
- UTair Helicopter Services launches electronic flight bags
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services