UKROBORONPROM SE Konotop Aircraft Repair Plant “Aviakon” – together with scientific institutions of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine – diversifies components of Russian production, modernizing Mi helicopters for the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
For the purpose of import substitution program implementation – particulary in providing units for Mi-24 EMS, specialists of the enterprise developed a draft bulletin for replacing voltage regulators. At the beginning of April 2017, “Aviakon ” modernized helicopter Mi-24PU1 with domestic EMS successfully passed control tests. As of today, this helicopter is already transferred to the Ukrainian army aviation’s units of the Ukrainian Ground Forces. Mi-24PU1 is designed to increase mobility of ground troops, providing them with fire support on the battlefield.
Modernized Mi-8MTs – produced by the State Enterprise “Aviacon” – will serve for the Armed Forces of Ukraine; will also be introduced, which will also diversify Russian components and perform a range of work to improve the characteristics and bring them to the level of modern operational requirements. In July 2017, on the basis of the State Enterprise “Aviakon”, Mi-8MT helicopter with flight recorder of domestic production underwent control tests.
At present, at UOP enterprise – with participation of the State Research Center of the Armed Forces of Ukraine – control tests of the modernized helicopter Mi-8MT with new weather radar, satellite navigation system and reserve radio station – are conducted. The new equipment is installed in accordance with the draft bulletins, developed by the specialists of the SE”Aviakon”. Mi-8MT (MTV) helicopters form the basis of helicopter military transport aviation in many countries of the world and are characterized by their power and reliability; they also have a considerable reserve capacity. After Testing Act approval, it is planned to introduce the bulletin into operation. This will allow to install the given device on helicopters of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
By the end of 2017, the SE “Aviakon” will modernize and transfer 7 units of MI-8MT to army aviation; the National Guard of Ukraine and the State Emergency Service of Ukraine will receive one helicopter each.
UKROBORONPROM is the driver of economic development throughout the country – 200+ thousand workers are involved in cooperation with the State Concern to implement import substitution program.
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad
- Helimission Approved to provide Services in Himachal Pradesh
- Rapides Regional Medical Centre awaits FAA Helipad Approval
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Malaysia celebrates 50 years service of S-61 fleet
- Eagle Copters Australasia to represent Dart Aerospace in Asia Pacific region
- Blue Hawaiian partners with ranch for new tour
- Boeing expect US Army to save $1 Billion by picking MH-139
- Unitech delivers new weapons pylon for US Army Black Hawks
- Alberta hospital helipad vandalised
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance achieves NVIS status
- Helicentre launches sixth year of Pilot Scholarships
- RACQ LifeFlight builds new base at Archerfield