At the International Military-Technical Forum “Army-2017”, Rosoboronexport (part of the Rostec State Corporation) signed a contract for the delivery of Mi-171SH helicopters to Burkina Faso.
“Rosoboronexport signed two contracts for the delivery of Mi-171SH military transport helicopters and air weapons to Burkina Faso. Our partners will receive 2 rotary-wing aircraft. The contracts will be executed in 2018,” said Sergey Kornev, Rosoboronexport’s Deputy Director General – Director of the Department for export of the air force special equipment and services.
The special exporter is witnessing a rise in demand for helicopters of the Mi-17 type in the countries of Africa, Asia Pacific Region and CIS. In accordance with the Rosoboronexport forecast, the Russian medium military transports Mi-17V-5 and Mi-171SH currently under production as well as their follow up modifications will remain competitive in the future and will be in demand in the market.
“Burkina Faso already operates Mi-17 and Mi-24P helicopters. The signature of the contracts proves a high reliability and good performance characteristics of the Russian aviation equipment. Besides, our partners voiced their intention to develop military and technical cooperation. Meanwhile they are considering a possibility to purchase from us military equipment for other services of the armed forces,” Sergey Kornev added.
Over the past 10 years, Mi-17 helicopters have been confidently holding the leading positions in the supply packages of the world market’s segment of medium multi-purpose military transport helicopters. The number of the exported helicopters has reached 800 pieces and exceeded the total volume of the supplies of their foreign countertypes. As many as 4 000 aircraft of this type have been exported to more than 100 countries in the past 30 years.
Previously, at the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2017, Rosoboronexport signed a contract on the delivery of 4 Mi-171E helicopters and related accessories to the People’s Republic of China.
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Korea Aerospace selects GVH Wet Deck for Korean Coast Guard
- Alpine first to market certified Bear Paws for B505
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2018
- Evonik to exhibit at Heli-Expo 2018
- JETNET to Feature New Reporting Tools at Heli-Expo 2018
- Rogue Aviation Opens Flight School Focused on Flight Safety
- HAL seeks partner for Dhruv program Image pick a good one after searching ‘dhruv’