At the International Military-Technical Forum “Army-2017”, Rosoboronexport (part of the Rostec State Corporation) signed a contract for the delivery of Mi-171SH helicopters to Burkina Faso.
“Rosoboronexport signed two contracts for the delivery of Mi-171SH military transport helicopters and air weapons to Burkina Faso. Our partners will receive 2 rotary-wing aircraft. The contracts will be executed in 2018,” said Sergey Kornev, Rosoboronexport’s Deputy Director General – Director of the Department for export of the air force special equipment and services.
The special exporter is witnessing a rise in demand for helicopters of the Mi-17 type in the countries of Africa, Asia Pacific Region and CIS. In accordance with the Rosoboronexport forecast, the Russian medium military transports Mi-17V-5 and Mi-171SH currently under production as well as their follow up modifications will remain competitive in the future and will be in demand in the market.
“Burkina Faso already operates Mi-17 and Mi-24P helicopters. The signature of the contracts proves a high reliability and good performance characteristics of the Russian aviation equipment. Besides, our partners voiced their intention to develop military and technical cooperation. Meanwhile they are considering a possibility to purchase from us military equipment for other services of the armed forces,” Sergey Kornev added.
Over the past 10 years, Mi-17 helicopters have been confidently holding the leading positions in the supply packages of the world market’s segment of medium multi-purpose military transport helicopters. The number of the exported helicopters has reached 800 pieces and exceeded the total volume of the supplies of their foreign countertypes. As many as 4 000 aircraft of this type have been exported to more than 100 countries in the past 30 years.
Previously, at the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2017, Rosoboronexport signed a contract on the delivery of 4 Mi-171E helicopters and related accessories to the People’s Republic of China.
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad
- Helimission Approved to provide Services in Himachal Pradesh
- Rapides Regional Medical Centre awaits FAA Helipad Approval
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Malaysia celebrates 50 years service of S-61 fleet
- Eagle Copters Australasia to represent Dart Aerospace in Asia Pacific region
- Blue Hawaiian partners with ranch for new tour
- Boeing expect US Army to save $1 Billion by picking MH-139
- Unitech delivers new weapons pylon for US Army Black Hawks
- Alberta hospital helipad vandalised
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance achieves NVIS status
- Helicentre launches sixth year of Pilot Scholarships
- RACQ LifeFlight builds new base at Archerfield