At the International Military-Technical Forum “Army-2017”, Rosoboronexport (part of the Rostec State Corporation) signed a contract for the delivery of Mi-171SH helicopters to Burkina Faso.
“Rosoboronexport signed two contracts for the delivery of Mi-171SH military transport helicopters and air weapons to Burkina Faso. Our partners will receive 2 rotary-wing aircraft. The contracts will be executed in 2018,” said Sergey Kornev, Rosoboronexport’s Deputy Director General – Director of the Department for export of the air force special equipment and services.
The special exporter is witnessing a rise in demand for helicopters of the Mi-17 type in the countries of Africa, Asia Pacific Region and CIS. In accordance with the Rosoboronexport forecast, the Russian medium military transports Mi-17V-5 and Mi-171SH currently under production as well as their follow up modifications will remain competitive in the future and will be in demand in the market.
“Burkina Faso already operates Mi-17 and Mi-24P helicopters. The signature of the contracts proves a high reliability and good performance characteristics of the Russian aviation equipment. Besides, our partners voiced their intention to develop military and technical cooperation. Meanwhile they are considering a possibility to purchase from us military equipment for other services of the armed forces,” Sergey Kornev added.
Over the past 10 years, Mi-17 helicopters have been confidently holding the leading positions in the supply packages of the world market’s segment of medium multi-purpose military transport helicopters. The number of the exported helicopters has reached 800 pieces and exceeded the total volume of the supplies of their foreign countertypes. As many as 4 000 aircraft of this type have been exported to more than 100 countries in the past 30 years.
Previously, at the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2017, Rosoboronexport signed a contract on the delivery of 4 Mi-171E helicopters and related accessories to the People’s Republic of China.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years