According to AMSTAT, there have been further encouraging signs coming from the business aircraft resale market. Overall, Business Jet Resale Retail Transactions were up 8.4% during the first half of 2017 versus the same period in 2016. Of note were the Medium Jets, where transaction activity during this period was up 16.7% over 2016. Heavy Jet transactions were up 3.8% and Light Jets rose 4.4%. Transactions in Turbine Helicopters overall were up 6.5% in the first half of 2017 versus the same period in 2016. The Single Engine market saw a 9.9% year over year improvement.
Not all markets performed as well. Turboprops saw transaction activity in the first half of 2017 fall 0.5% versus 2016 and the Multi Engine Helicopters saw a 1.5% decline.
In many market segments, inventory levels are at or are close to their lowest (as a percentage of active fleet) points in some time. 10.7% of active Business Jets are for sale. This is the lowest percentage in this group since January 2008.
Furthermore, 9.3% of Heavy Jets, 10.6% of Medium Jets and 5.6% of Single Engine Turbine Helicopters are currently for sale – all the lowest levels in these segments since 2008. The TurboProp inventory is at 8.3% which is below a year ago and its’ lowest since the start of 2015.
By contrast, the percentage of Light Jets for sale is currently 11.7%, down from April this year but up from 11.5% a year ago. Multi Engine Helicopter inventories have remained largely unchanged year over year. Despite better transaction results and contracting inventories, Average Asking Prices in most market segments continue to see downward pressure. All segments saw year over year declines in Average Asking Prices and most have experienced the same year to date.
Heavy Jets are down 5.5% over a year ago, Medium Jets are down 7.6%, Light Jets are down 5.1%, TurboProps are down 2.5% and Multi and Single Engine Helicopters are down 0.6%.
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad
- Helimission Approved to provide Services in Himachal Pradesh
- Rapides Regional Medical Centre awaits FAA Helipad Approval
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Malaysia celebrates 50 years service of S-61 fleet
- Eagle Copters Australasia to represent Dart Aerospace in Asia Pacific region
- Blue Hawaiian partners with ranch for new tour
- Boeing expect US Army to save $1 Billion by picking MH-139
- Unitech delivers new weapons pylon for US Army Black Hawks
- Alberta hospital helipad vandalised
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance achieves NVIS status
- Helicentre launches sixth year of Pilot Scholarships
- RACQ LifeFlight builds new base at Archerfield