According to AMSTAT, there have been further encouraging signs coming from the business aircraft resale market. Overall, Business Jet Resale Retail Transactions were up 8.4% during the first half of 2017 versus the same period in 2016. Of note were the Medium Jets, where transaction activity during this period was up 16.7% over 2016. Heavy Jet transactions were up 3.8% and Light Jets rose 4.4%. Transactions in Turbine Helicopters overall were up 6.5% in the first half of 2017 versus the same period in 2016. The Single Engine market saw a 9.9% year over year improvement.
Not all markets performed as well. Turboprops saw transaction activity in the first half of 2017 fall 0.5% versus 2016 and the Multi Engine Helicopters saw a 1.5% decline.
In many market segments, inventory levels are at or are close to their lowest (as a percentage of active fleet) points in some time. 10.7% of active Business Jets are for sale. This is the lowest percentage in this group since January 2008.
Furthermore, 9.3% of Heavy Jets, 10.6% of Medium Jets and 5.6% of Single Engine Turbine Helicopters are currently for sale – all the lowest levels in these segments since 2008. The TurboProp inventory is at 8.3% which is below a year ago and its’ lowest since the start of 2015.
By contrast, the percentage of Light Jets for sale is currently 11.7%, down from April this year but up from 11.5% a year ago. Multi Engine Helicopter inventories have remained largely unchanged year over year. Despite better transaction results and contracting inventories, Average Asking Prices in most market segments continue to see downward pressure. All segments saw year over year declines in Average Asking Prices and most have experienced the same year to date.
Heavy Jets are down 5.5% over a year ago, Medium Jets are down 7.6%, Light Jets are down 5.1%, TurboProps are down 2.5% and Multi and Single Engine Helicopters are down 0.6%.
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Korea Aerospace selects GVH Wet Deck for Korean Coast Guard
- Alpine first to market certified Bear Paws for B505
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2018
- Evonik to exhibit at Heli-Expo 2018
- JETNET to Feature New Reporting Tools at Heli-Expo 2018
- Rogue Aviation Opens Flight School Focused on Flight Safety
- HAL seeks partner for Dhruv program Image pick a good one after searching ‘dhruv’