MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is proud to announce the purchase of a new, custom-configured MD 530F by the Virginia Beach Police Department Aviation Unit. This will be the first MD Helicopters aircraft to join the Virginia Beach Police Department since the Helicopter Operations unit was established.
“The MD 530F is an exceptional aircraft for law enforcement operations,” said Andy Pillado, Vice President, Commercial & Military Sales and Marketing for MD Helicopters. “More than just a force multiplier, this aircraft is an affordable, powerful performer that delivers reliability and increased mission versatility.”
3 a.m., supporting ground units in the execution of air patrol, search and rescue, surveillance, as well as crime scene and damage assessment. Operated by a two-person flight crew, the unit also provides assistance in dignitary transports and Project Lifesaver support as needed.
The Virginia Beach Police right-hand command MD 530F will feature the Rolls-Royce 250-C30 650shp turbine engine, extended landing gear, Fargo 21 gallon auxiliary fuel tank, and wire strike protection system. High-contrast main rotor blades, a FLIR® Star SAFIRE 380HDc EOIR system, a new TrakkaBeam® A800 searchlight, and an NVISB interior will provide enhanced visibility for both officers and citizens during low-light operations.
The all-glass cockpit features the Garmin 500H EFIS flight display, Garmin GTN650H touchscreen GPS/Navigation and communications panel, Garmin GMA 350H audio panel, Howell Instruments Engine Instruments Display, Technisonic TDFM 9300 and Garmin GTR 225 multi-band airborne radios, and Churchill ARS-600 airborne mapping system.
“It is truly an honor to be joining the Virginia Beach Police Department family,” Pillado concludes. “We are excited about the role this aircraft will play in protecting the citizens of Virginia Beach, and look forward to a long and growing relationship.”
MD Helicopters will deliver the new, custom-configured MD 530F to the Virginia Beach Police Department, Helicopter Operations Aviation Unit in Q2 2018.
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017