MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is proud to announce the purchase of a new, custom-configured MD 530F by the Virginia Beach Police Department Aviation Unit. This will be the first MD Helicopters aircraft to join the Virginia Beach Police Department since the Helicopter Operations unit was established.
“The MD 530F is an exceptional aircraft for law enforcement operations,” said Andy Pillado, Vice President, Commercial & Military Sales and Marketing for MD Helicopters. “More than just a force multiplier, this aircraft is an affordable, powerful performer that delivers reliability and increased mission versatility.”
3 a.m., supporting ground units in the execution of air patrol, search and rescue, surveillance, as well as crime scene and damage assessment. Operated by a two-person flight crew, the unit also provides assistance in dignitary transports and Project Lifesaver support as needed.
The Virginia Beach Police right-hand command MD 530F will feature the Rolls-Royce 250-C30 650shp turbine engine, extended landing gear, Fargo 21 gallon auxiliary fuel tank, and wire strike protection system. High-contrast main rotor blades, a FLIR® Star SAFIRE 380HDc EOIR system, a new TrakkaBeam® A800 searchlight, and an NVISB interior will provide enhanced visibility for both officers and citizens during low-light operations.
The all-glass cockpit features the Garmin 500H EFIS flight display, Garmin GTN650H touchscreen GPS/Navigation and communications panel, Garmin GMA 350H audio panel, Howell Instruments Engine Instruments Display, Technisonic TDFM 9300 and Garmin GTR 225 multi-band airborne radios, and Churchill ARS-600 airborne mapping system.
“It is truly an honor to be joining the Virginia Beach Police Department family,” Pillado concludes. “We are excited about the role this aircraft will play in protecting the citizens of Virginia Beach, and look forward to a long and growing relationship.”
MD Helicopters will deliver the new, custom-configured MD 530F to the Virginia Beach Police Department, Helicopter Operations Aviation Unit in Q2 2018.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%