MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is proud to announce the purchase of a new, custom-configured MD 530F by the Virginia Beach Police Department Aviation Unit. This will be the first MD Helicopters aircraft to join the Virginia Beach Police Department since the Helicopter Operations unit was established.
“The MD 530F is an exceptional aircraft for law enforcement operations,” said Andy Pillado, Vice President, Commercial & Military Sales and Marketing for MD Helicopters. “More than just a force multiplier, this aircraft is an affordable, powerful performer that delivers reliability and increased mission versatility.”
3 a.m., supporting ground units in the execution of air patrol, search and rescue, surveillance, as well as crime scene and damage assessment. Operated by a two-person flight crew, the unit also provides assistance in dignitary transports and Project Lifesaver support as needed.
The Virginia Beach Police right-hand command MD 530F will feature the Rolls-Royce 250-C30 650shp turbine engine, extended landing gear, Fargo 21 gallon auxiliary fuel tank, and wire strike protection system. High-contrast main rotor blades, a FLIR® Star SAFIRE 380HDc EOIR system, a new TrakkaBeam® A800 searchlight, and an NVISB interior will provide enhanced visibility for both officers and citizens during low-light operations.
The all-glass cockpit features the Garmin 500H EFIS flight display, Garmin GTN650H touchscreen GPS/Navigation and communications panel, Garmin GMA 350H audio panel, Howell Instruments Engine Instruments Display, Technisonic TDFM 9300 and Garmin GTR 225 multi-band airborne radios, and Churchill ARS-600 airborne mapping system.
“It is truly an honor to be joining the Virginia Beach Police Department family,” Pillado concludes. “We are excited about the role this aircraft will play in protecting the citizens of Virginia Beach, and look forward to a long and growing relationship.”
MD Helicopters will deliver the new, custom-configured MD 530F to the Virginia Beach Police Department, Helicopter Operations Aviation Unit in Q2 2018.
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad
- Helimission Approved to provide Services in Himachal Pradesh
- Rapides Regional Medical Centre awaits FAA Helipad Approval
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Malaysia celebrates 50 years service of S-61 fleet
- Eagle Copters Australasia to represent Dart Aerospace in Asia Pacific region
- Blue Hawaiian partners with ranch for new tour
- Boeing expect US Army to save $1 Billion by picking MH-139
- Unitech delivers new weapons pylon for US Army Black Hawks
- Alberta hospital helipad vandalised
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet