Héli-Union has successfully obtained the first ever EASA certification of an LPV capability on AS332L1 with both digital and analogic systems. Normally, an LPV capability on AS332L1 utilises either digital or analogic system. Many companies try to improve the method by combining both systems but none succeeded, except Héli-Union. For now, Héli-Union is the only company that has been approved by EASA to apply such LPV capability on AS332L1 type helicopter.
A localizer performance with vertical guidance (LPV) approach is a modern instrument approach procedure that uses wide area augmentation system (WAAS) and very precise GPS capabilities to attain an airplane’s position. This approach increases position sensitivity as the aircraft approaches runways, enabling the aircraft to be flown completely by the autopilot. With the ability of incorporating the digital and analogic systems, Héli-Union’s LPV capability is able to produce a more precise position, thus decrease the risks while flying in autopilot mode.
As a reliable helicopter support services company, safety is always at the forefront of Héli-Union’s daily activity. Héli-Union does not cease to improve its services, with the goal of providing only the best service for its clients. This new certification allows Héli-Union to provide a much more advanced service, thus keeping the clients helicopter flying safely anywhere and everywhere.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded