Helicopter Foundation International (HFI), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, annually offers up to 19 scholarships to help support students studying to become part of tomorrow’s helicopter industry. If you meet the eligibility requirements listed below, HFI encourages you to apply at helicopterfoundation.org/scholarships. We are here to help you achieve your dream
Commercial Helicopter Pilot Rating Scholarship:
- Have a private helicopter license
- Be enrolled in a commercial helicopter pilot rating program at an FAA-approved Part 141 school or international equivalent
- Expect to receive your commercial helicopter pilot rating after January 1, 2018 (if you will receive your rating before this date, you are not eligible to apply).
Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Scholarship:
- Be about to graduate from an FAA-approved Part 147 aviation maintenance technician (AMT) school, or be a recent recipient (within the last two years) of an airframe and powerplant (A&P) certificate
- If you are a non-U.S. citizen, have your respective country’s FAA-equivalent tests completed andprovide proof of foreign citizenship.
Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship:
- Be enrolled in a maintenance technician certificate program at an FAA-approved Part 147 school or international equivalent
- Expect to receive your maintenance technician certificate after January 1, 2018 (if you will receive your certificate before this date, you are not eligible to apply).
Michelle North Scholarship for Safety:
- Have your commercial pilot rating
- Demonstrate an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices.
All applications must be submitted by midnight EST, November 30, 2017. Questions? Email [email protected].
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd