Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE: BRS) today announced the appointment of Timothy Knapp to senior vice president, general counsel, responsible for all legal aspects of the business, corporate compliance and insurance, effective September 26, 2017. In his new role, Knapp will report directly to Bristow Group President and Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Baliff.
“Tim brings significant legal and business experience from a variety of public and private companies both as a general counsel and in private practice,” said Baliff. “His proven strategic and commercial acumen strengthens our business partnership with the new Bristow’s corporate and hub leadership teams as we navigate the difficult environment in the offshore oil and gas industry.”
An engineer by training, Knapp was vice president, general counsel, corporate secretary and chief compliance officer at SourceGas LLC from 2009 to 2016 prior to joining Bristow. He previously served as a partner at Knapp & Rome, LLC, specializing in energy from 1993 to 2009. Knapp obtained a Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Denver and a Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, from Ohio State University.
Knapp assumes the role from David Searle, who has been serving as interim general counsel since June 2017.
“I also want to thank David for his excellent leadership as interim general counsel during the first half of fiscal year 2018, where he helped drive important Bristow initiatives,” Baliff said.
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad
- Helimission Approved to provide Services in Himachal Pradesh
- Rapides Regional Medical Centre awaits FAA Helipad Approval
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Malaysia celebrates 50 years service of S-61 fleet
- Eagle Copters Australasia to represent Dart Aerospace in Asia Pacific region
- Blue Hawaiian partners with ranch for new tour
- Boeing expect US Army to save $1 Billion by picking MH-139
- Unitech delivers new weapons pylon for US Army Black Hawks
- Alberta hospital helipad vandalised
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet