Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE: BRS) today announced the appointment of Timothy Knapp to senior vice president, general counsel, responsible for all legal aspects of the business, corporate compliance and insurance, effective September 26, 2017. In his new role, Knapp will report directly to Bristow Group President and Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Baliff.
“Tim brings significant legal and business experience from a variety of public and private companies both as a general counsel and in private practice,” said Baliff. “His proven strategic and commercial acumen strengthens our business partnership with the new Bristow’s corporate and hub leadership teams as we navigate the difficult environment in the offshore oil and gas industry.”
An engineer by training, Knapp was vice president, general counsel, corporate secretary and chief compliance officer at SourceGas LLC from 2009 to 2016 prior to joining Bristow. He previously served as a partner at Knapp & Rome, LLC, specializing in energy from 1993 to 2009. Knapp obtained a Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Denver and a Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, from Ohio State University.
Knapp assumes the role from David Searle, who has been serving as interim general counsel since June 2017.
“I also want to thank David for his excellent leadership as interim general counsel during the first half of fiscal year 2018, where he helped drive important Bristow initiatives,” Baliff said.
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017