Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE: BRS) today announced the appointment of Timothy Knapp to senior vice president, general counsel, responsible for all legal aspects of the business, corporate compliance and insurance, effective September 26, 2017. In his new role, Knapp will report directly to Bristow Group President and Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Baliff.
“Tim brings significant legal and business experience from a variety of public and private companies both as a general counsel and in private practice,” said Baliff. “His proven strategic and commercial acumen strengthens our business partnership with the new Bristow’s corporate and hub leadership teams as we navigate the difficult environment in the offshore oil and gas industry.”
An engineer by training, Knapp was vice president, general counsel, corporate secretary and chief compliance officer at SourceGas LLC from 2009 to 2016 prior to joining Bristow. He previously served as a partner at Knapp & Rome, LLC, specializing in energy from 1993 to 2009. Knapp obtained a Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Denver and a Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, from Ohio State University.
Knapp assumes the role from David Searle, who has been serving as interim general counsel since June 2017.
“I also want to thank David for his excellent leadership as interim general counsel during the first half of fiscal year 2018, where he helped drive important Bristow initiatives,” Baliff said.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%