At the MSPO International Defence Industry Exhibition, CAE announced that the Polish Air Force has accepted into service a CAE 3000 Series SW-4 full-flight simulator (FFS).
The CAE 3000 Series SW-4 helicopter simulator is located at the 41st Air Base School in Deblin, Poland, and will be used by the Polish Air Force as part of its modernized training program for air force cadets.
The SW-4 helicopter, developed in Poland by PZL-Swidnik, a Leonardo Helicopter company, is a multi-role light utility helicopter used by the Polish Air Force for advanced pilot training and other utility missions.
“We are pleased to support the Polish Air Force with high-quality, high-fidelity simulation products such as the SW-4 helicopter simulator, and are confident this will contribute to world-class training for Polish Air Force helicopter pilots,” said Marc-Olivier Sabourin, CAE’s Vice President and General Manager, Europe/Africa. “Simulation-based training has proven its value as a safe and cost-effective means of pilot training that helps to significantly reduce incidents while better preparing aircrews for complex tactical and operational flying.”
The CAE 3000 Series SW-4 helicopter simulator includes the CAE True six degree-of-freedom (DOF) electric motion system and high-performance vibration platform to replicate vibration cues critical to helicopter pilots; the high-fidelity CAE Medallion-6000 visual system; state-of-the-art computer-generated forces tactical environment; and a direct projection 210 degree by 80 degree extreme field-of-view dome display system. The SW-4 simulator also features the Open Geospatial Consortium Common Database (OGC CDB) architecture, an international standard for the creation of synthetic environment databases. This common software and standardization, which is also being deployed on the C295 and M-346 training systems that CAE is developing for the Polish Air Force, will further enhance interoperability across the Polish Armed Forces.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded