VIH Aerospace (VIHA – www.vihaerospace.com), a global provider of helicopter maintenance, manufacturing, repair and overhaul (MMRO) services is proud to announce it has been selected to develop and install three Supplemental Type Certified Night Vision system installations for Helijet International Incorporated.
Teaming with Rebtech Technologies (Rebtech) and Night Flight Concepts, VIHA will take the lead in working with Helijet to determine requirements, and then design and install the night vision systems for Helijet’s three Sikorsky S-76c+ helicopters that are dedicated to support the B.C. Ambulance Service (BCAS) operated by British Columbia Emergency Health Services (BCEHS).
Danny Sitnam, President and CEO at Helijet, states “We selected VIH Aerospace and Rebtech because of their renowned expertise in the field. The B.C. Ambulance Service requires us to have our air ambulances mission-ready on a 24/7 basis and operate under all kinds of emergency conditions across B.C.’s vast terrain, including night flights to remote locations. VIH Aerospace and Rebtech have an impressive track record installing this kind of night vision technology on a wide variety of Sikorsky and other helicopter types used in medical, defense and other sectors. We know they’re the best choice for this project.”
“VIH Aerospace and Rebtech have partnered on a range night vision solutions for customers, and the opportunity to work with an air ambulance leader like Helijet, right here in British Columbia, is a perfect opportunity to showcase our expertise a little closer to home,” says Arne Arneson, General Manager for VIH Aerospace. “As in all our projects, our goal is to develop and deliver optimal night vision systems for Helijet’s three S-76C+ helicopters that will meet the high demands placed on them during life-saving night-time operations.”
VIHA offers a comprehensive suite of services that improve helicopter safety and reliability while increasing Return On Investment for operators including: component overhaul, structural/airframe repair, ADS-B installations, avionics and electrical modifications, Night Vision systems, upgrades and installations, manufacturing, aircraft refurbishment and completions, scheduled inspections, paint, product engineering and Supplemental Type Certificate Development, and parts/special operations equipment sales.
Aircraft types supported by VIHA include:
– Sikorsky S-61/S-76/S-92
– Bell Helicopter 205/206/212/407/222/230
– Airbus AS350/AS355/H130/H135
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%