CHC Helicopter today celebrated the inaugural flight of CHC’s new Airbus H175 super-medium aircraft to the Ocean Patriot.
“I am delighted to see the H175 officially take off for our European operation – the first of three in the CHC fleet– and to offer this new-generation aircraft to Shell, for whom we have provided aviation services, in the United Kingdom/North Sea, since 2012,” said Mark Abbey, CHC Regional Director, Europe, Middle East and Africa. “The aircraft can be configured to carry up to 16 passengers allowing CHC to efficiently manage our customers’ current North Sea operations whilst also providing a high level of operational flexibility. This is key to customers’ needs in the next phase of North Sea oil and gas activity.”
The Airbus Helicopters H175 is a new-generation medium-sized rotorcraft which first entered service in December 2014. Designed in collaboration with major Oil & Gas (O&G) and Search and Rescue (SAR) customers and operators, the H175 responds to the specific market needs and safety requirements. The H175 exceeds the requirements of the latest and most demanding CS-29 regulation and Oil & Gas Producer (OGP) guidelines.
To support the introduction of the H175 to CHC’s fleet, the company has designated the Aberdeen base as its global H175 engineering centre of excellence.
“We continue to refine our global fleet to best meet the unique needs of each customer,” said Dave Balevic, Senior Vice President, Engineering and Operations at CHC Helicopter. “The addition of the H175 allows us to offer the latest aircraft technology. Locating our H175 engineering centre of excellence in Aberdeen will ensure current and future customers benefit from our best in class, global standards and processes.”
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%