The museum has an exciting new way to involve visitors, members, classrooms and more with our diverse helicopter collection. The program is entitled Adopt-A-Copter.
The fun and informative Adopt-A-Copter, slated to launch in mid-September, aims to educate about helicopters and their contributions while offering people a chance to learn more about certain ships. Six of our copters are available for adoption: the Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey; Bell AH-1F Cobra; Bell 204/TH IL Huey; Boeing CH-46E Sea Knight; Hughes 269A/TH 55A Osage, aka “Stubby, the Travelling Helicopter;” and Hughes 369 (OH 6/OH 6A) Cayuse, aka “Cheerful Chopper.”
Each individual Adopt-A-Copter costs $50.00 plus $1.00 per adoption for shipping and handling. It comes with an Official Adoption Kit that contains a Certificate of Adoption, glossy photo with details about the adopted helicopter, interesting facts about helicopters and paper helicopter cut-outs for the adopter’s enjoyment.
The adoption is purely symbolic, and signifies only that a donation has been made to AHMEC, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, for the general support of its activities in rotary wing aviation preservation and education. Adoptive “parents” retain no physical rights to the copters, the facility or anything pertaining to the museum.
- Former Sikorsky and Schweizer facility close to being sold
- Philippine telecom company commercialises flight dept
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs
- FAA and EASA Update Aviation Safety Agreement
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- Trakka announces Leonardo AW109 to feature SWE-400 QUAD
- Oceania Aviation completes first AS355 Max-Vis EVS install
- CHC SAR Team Awarded Commendation Award
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital helipad plans approval
- Palm Beach Helicopters installs TH22SM AATD from ELITE
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication