The museum has an exciting new way to involve visitors, members, classrooms and more with our diverse helicopter collection. The program is entitled Adopt-A-Copter.
The fun and informative Adopt-A-Copter, slated to launch in mid-September, aims to educate about helicopters and their contributions while offering people a chance to learn more about certain ships. Six of our copters are available for adoption: the Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey; Bell AH-1F Cobra; Bell 204/TH IL Huey; Boeing CH-46E Sea Knight; Hughes 269A/TH 55A Osage, aka “Stubby, the Travelling Helicopter;” and Hughes 369 (OH 6/OH 6A) Cayuse, aka “Cheerful Chopper.”
Each individual Adopt-A-Copter costs $50.00 plus $1.00 per adoption for shipping and handling. It comes with an Official Adoption Kit that contains a Certificate of Adoption, glossy photo with details about the adopted helicopter, interesting facts about helicopters and paper helicopter cut-outs for the adopter’s enjoyment.
The adoption is purely symbolic, and signifies only that a donation has been made to AHMEC, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, for the general support of its activities in rotary wing aviation preservation and education. Adoptive “parents” retain no physical rights to the copters, the facility or anything pertaining to the museum.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%