The recently arrived Airbus AS 350 B3e (H-125) Helicopter on Nepalese Registration of ‘9N-AMS’ to join Altitude Air fleet has begun commercial operation from today.
According to the officials from Altitude Air, the new chopper has successfully completed its first flight taking off from the Eastern Helipad of Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu at around 10:15 AM local time outbound to Tenzing–Hillary Airport, Lukla. The chopper was under the command of Capt. Keshav prasad Gauchan (Sobit Gauchan) along with 5 passengers onboard.
The Helicopter was dispatched from Airbus Helicopter Southeast Asia, Singapore on 29th August to join its new base at Kathmandu for Altitude Air. The chopper was landed on Nepal via transiting in Surat Thani of Thailand, Yangon in Myanmar, and Dhaka in Bangladesh following Biratnagar in Eastern Nepal in September 2, this year. The commander’s for ferry flight from Singapore outbound for Kathmandu were Captain Sobit Gauchan, Operation Director for Altitude Air and Captain Nischal K.C along with the Maintenance Manager Mr. Anirudra Shrestha.
The company is also working on the addition of next Leonardo Helicopter/Augusta Westland Koala AW119 chopper manufactured on United States first time ever in Nepal. The company had already accomplished the demonstration flight of Augusta Westland Koala AW119 in Nepal. On 2nd and 3rd April, this year the helicopter had successfully conducted the demo flights to Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountains from Pokhara airport checking its performance on high altitude for operation in Nepal.
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON