The recently arrived Airbus AS 350 B3e (H-125) Helicopter on Nepalese Registration of ‘9N-AMS’ to join Altitude Air fleet has begun commercial operation from today.
According to the officials from Altitude Air, the new chopper has successfully completed its first flight taking off from the Eastern Helipad of Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu at around 10:15 AM local time outbound to Tenzing–Hillary Airport, Lukla. The chopper was under the command of Capt. Keshav prasad Gauchan (Sobit Gauchan) along with 5 passengers onboard.
The Helicopter was dispatched from Airbus Helicopter Southeast Asia, Singapore on 29th August to join its new base at Kathmandu for Altitude Air. The chopper was landed on Nepal via transiting in Surat Thani of Thailand, Yangon in Myanmar, and Dhaka in Bangladesh following Biratnagar in Eastern Nepal in September 2, this year. The commander’s for ferry flight from Singapore outbound for Kathmandu were Captain Sobit Gauchan, Operation Director for Altitude Air and Captain Nischal K.C along with the Maintenance Manager Mr. Anirudra Shrestha.
The company is also working on the addition of next Leonardo Helicopter/Augusta Westland Koala AW119 chopper manufactured on United States first time ever in Nepal. The company had already accomplished the demonstration flight of Augusta Westland Koala AW119 in Nepal. On 2nd and 3rd April, this year the helicopter had successfully conducted the demo flights to Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountains from Pokhara airport checking its performance on high altitude for operation in Nepal.
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%