The recently arrived Airbus AS 350 B3e (H-125) Helicopter on Nepalese Registration of ‘9N-AMS’ to join Altitude Air fleet has begun commercial operation from today.
According to the officials from Altitude Air, the new chopper has successfully completed its first flight taking off from the Eastern Helipad of Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu at around 10:15 AM local time outbound to Tenzing–Hillary Airport, Lukla. The chopper was under the command of Capt. Keshav prasad Gauchan (Sobit Gauchan) along with 5 passengers onboard.
The Helicopter was dispatched from Airbus Helicopter Southeast Asia, Singapore on 29th August to join its new base at Kathmandu for Altitude Air. The chopper was landed on Nepal via transiting in Surat Thani of Thailand, Yangon in Myanmar, and Dhaka in Bangladesh following Biratnagar in Eastern Nepal in September 2, this year. The commander’s for ferry flight from Singapore outbound for Kathmandu were Captain Sobit Gauchan, Operation Director for Altitude Air and Captain Nischal K.C along with the Maintenance Manager Mr. Anirudra Shrestha.
The company is also working on the addition of next Leonardo Helicopter/Augusta Westland Koala AW119 chopper manufactured on United States first time ever in Nepal. The company had already accomplished the demonstration flight of Augusta Westland Koala AW119 in Nepal. On 2nd and 3rd April, this year the helicopter had successfully conducted the demo flights to Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountains from Pokhara airport checking its performance on high altitude for operation in Nepal.
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- Bell-Boeing awarded $35M contract for V-22 Support
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award