The recently arrived Airbus AS 350 B3e (H-125) Helicopter on Nepalese Registration of ‘9N-AMS’ to join Altitude Air fleet has begun commercial operation from today.
According to the officials from Altitude Air, the new chopper has successfully completed its first flight taking off from the Eastern Helipad of Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu at around 10:15 AM local time outbound to Tenzing–Hillary Airport, Lukla. The chopper was under the command of Capt. Keshav prasad Gauchan (Sobit Gauchan) along with 5 passengers onboard.
The Helicopter was dispatched from Airbus Helicopter Southeast Asia, Singapore on 29th August to join its new base at Kathmandu for Altitude Air. The chopper was landed on Nepal via transiting in Surat Thani of Thailand, Yangon in Myanmar, and Dhaka in Bangladesh following Biratnagar in Eastern Nepal in September 2, this year. The commander’s for ferry flight from Singapore outbound for Kathmandu were Captain Sobit Gauchan, Operation Director for Altitude Air and Captain Nischal K.C along with the Maintenance Manager Mr. Anirudra Shrestha.
The company is also working on the addition of next Leonardo Helicopter/Augusta Westland Koala AW119 chopper manufactured on United States first time ever in Nepal. The company had already accomplished the demonstration flight of Augusta Westland Koala AW119 in Nepal. On 2nd and 3rd April, this year the helicopter had successfully conducted the demo flights to Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountains from Pokhara airport checking its performance on high altitude for operation in Nepal.
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad
- Helimission Approved to provide Services in Himachal Pradesh
- Rapides Regional Medical Centre awaits FAA Helipad Approval
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Malaysia celebrates 50 years service of S-61 fleet
- Eagle Copters Australasia to represent Dart Aerospace in Asia Pacific region
- Blue Hawaiian partners with ranch for new tour
- Boeing expect US Army to save $1 Billion by picking MH-139
- Unitech delivers new weapons pylon for US Army Black Hawks
- Alberta hospital helipad vandalised
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance achieves NVIS status