On Friday, August 4th PSEngineering received a highly anticipated TSOA letter from the FAA indicating hasaccepted and now allows authorization to manufacture the new PAC45 audio controlsystem. And 20 days later, the first full system was installed by CompleteAvionics.
The PAC45 is the only FAA approved,DZUS mounted, audio controller designed specifically for business jets as wellas for special mission aircraft to employ True Dimensional Sound. Known asMultiTalker™, this technology allows the crew to place com audio in uniquethree dimensional positions within a stereo headset, making it much easier tolisten to the radio that is important at any instant in time.
“I believe that the PAC45 is trulyrevolutionary.” Said company founder and CEO, Mark Scheuer, “Not only does ithave a price/performance second to none, it’s also the first to have acompletely built-in, digital hi-fi stereo intercom that facilitates the implementationof MultiTalker™.”
Continues Mr. Scheuer, “During manyof the interactions I had at this year’s HAI in Dallas, I witnessed some of themost remarkable reactions when MultiTalker™ was demonstrated to seasonedpilots. First, pilots would listen to multiple and simultaneous radio callsusing the current technology, and then I turned on MultiTalker™. Pilots respondedto True Dimensional Sound with unique visual reactions which further reinforcedmy believe that MultiTalker™ technology is going to be a game changer.”
To facilitate easy configurationsof the PAC45 audio panel system, it is AMS series Plug ‘N Play (with additionalwiring required for MultiTalker and multiple control heads). Custom bezels areeasily designed using PS Engineering, Inc.’s bezel configuration applicationthat is available at www.ps-engineering.com/PAC45.shtml
The standard PAC45 are in stock withonly a 2-week lead-time for PAC45 systems ordered with custom bezels. No morelong lead times for special mission audio controllers. The PAC45 is great forreplacing legacy audio panels in business aviation jets as well.
Complete Avionics located inAustralia has completed the first commercial installation of the PAC45 usingthe full 3-up audio controllers while remote mounting the small (1.88”H X 4.88”W X 2.00”D) but very capable all digital Hub. www.completeavionics.com
Bluetooth® as well as a satellitetelephone full duplex interface is also integrated into this 1.88” DZUSmounted, AMS Plug ‘N Play audio controller.
Along with MultiTalker™ is anextensive list of capabilities that makes this system so unique.
- AMS Series pin compatibilitywith a 1.88″ DZUS mount height
- Up to 3 control heads (Pilot,Copilot, Mission observers) with single hub
- 6 transceiver capable withindependent volume control for each transceiver
- Full Duplex Satellite Telephonecapable with volume control
- 4 switched inputs withindependent volume controls (the AUX switches 3 audio inputs for a total of 6)
- 4 un-switched inputs withvolume adjustments
- 3 discrete inputs for customalert annunciations with failsafe independent power source
- Up to 8 hi-fi stereo intercompositions
- Proven IntelliVox® high noiseautomatic VOX along with PTT-ICS operation
- Audio output power of 100mWinto 150 ohm stereo headsets
- Bluetooth® enabled fortelephone and music streaming
- Pilot and Copilot CVR output
- ICS Call function
- Public Address
- Optional NVG Compliant (AeroDynamix)
- List Price PAC45 $6995 includesone Hub and one Control Head.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%