At 10:40 today Joint Rescue Coordination Center received a distress message about a helicopter (which later turned out to be a gyrocopter) that had crash in a lake just moments north of Åkersberg. The Search and Rescue helicopter based in Norrtälje was quickly at the scene and according to local newspaper the pilot, who was the sole person onboard, was rescued from the wreckage but did unfortunately not survive.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%