We will be awarding two full Scholarships: a Commercial Pilot (CPL(H)) Scholarship, with a value of £55k, and a Flight Instructor (FI(H)) Scholarship, worth £19k, to successful applicants, giving budding pilots the opportunity to fast-track their way onto the career ladder.
The CPL(H) Scholarship will include a total of up to 145 hours flight time in a Guimbal Cabri G2 and will cover the entire cost of:
- all post-PPL(H) hour building (including the chance to fly some hours at our Winter Haven base in sunny Florida, USA where our previous three Scholarship winners spent some time in the UK winter months)
- the ATPL(H) theoretical knowledge course
- the complete CPL(H) modular flying course
The FI(H) Scholarship will pay for the complete 30-hour Flight Instructor course and we will reward the winner with a full-time Flight Instructor position with us upon completion. Our Scholarship programme (which was created to meet the ever-growing demand for helicopter pilots) has been extremely successful since its launch in 2012, providing winners with much-needed funding in order to complete their professional training.
Anyone wishing to apply for either of these incredible scholarship opportunities should ensure they have submitted their application and enrolled on our Private Pilot’s Licence (H) course before 31stDecember 2017. To be considered, applicants must complete their PPL(H) course by Sunday 30thSeptember 2018.
Our Scholarship programme has proven to be the biggest single investment in the future of our industry that we as a company have made and we are extremely proud of the quality of talent we have discovered and developed thanks to our Scholarship programme. Prospective applicants can register their interest in the 2018 Scholarship programme, as well as find entry criteria and the online application form here.
- Air Alderney prepares for EC155 scheduled services
- First Bell 505 delivered to Mexico
- EASA certifies Safran Arriel 2H on Avicopter AC312E
- EASA Management Board re-elects Executive Director
- VR-Technologies of Russian Helicopters start tests of VRT300 UAV
- AHS Rebrands as “The Vertical Flight Society”
- Rostec to create VRT500 prototype by the end of 2019
- Safran Ardiden 3C obtains EASA type certification
- Virginia State Police Honour Late Trooper
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s