REACH Air Medical Services (REACH), will place a new type of helicopter in the region, an Airbus H125 helicopter.
The new model was purchased by REACH specifically for service in Montana because of its high-reliability rates, high-altitude performance capabilities, and safety features. The new aircraft is specially outfitted for use in the air medical environment and has the capacity to transport the patient, and a three-person flight team. REACH has also equipped the aircraft with night vision goggles, autopilot systems, advanced terrain awareness warning systems, and snow pads for improved winter landing ability.
“The Airbus H125 has found great success in the air medical industry because of its reliability and performance,” said Vicky Spediacci, Vice President of Aviation Operations for REACH. “It is truly a remarkable aircraft and we are confident that it will deliver safe and reliable service to the communities of Southern Montana.”
Sean Russell, President of REACH Air Medical Services, was pleased to share his comments on the addition of the new aircraft. “In this rural landscape, the new H125 will increase our ability to safely serve patients in their time of need. Going into winter, the ability of the snow pads and the lightweight of this aircraft allow for increased likelihood of reaching patients when others cannot. We look forward to continuing to provide high quality medical care to patients and hospitals in Southern Montana.
REACH operates two air medical bases in Montana, a helicopter base in Bozeman and a combined helicopter/airplane base in Helena. Each base is staffed 24/7 with a critical care transport team consisting of a Pilot, a Flight Nurse and a Flight Paramedic. The highly skilled clinicians provide an ICU level of care to patients throughout transport.
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Korea Aerospace selects GVH Wet Deck for Korean Coast Guard
- Alpine first to market certified Bear Paws for B505
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2018
- Evonik to exhibit at Heli-Expo 2018
- JETNET to Feature New Reporting Tools at Heli-Expo 2018
- Rogue Aviation Opens Flight School Focused on Flight Safety
- HAL seeks partner for Dhruv program Image pick a good one after searching ‘dhruv’
- Kopter Group appoints VP of Business Development for US market
- RAMM receives FAA approval for R44 Cabin Floor Trays
- HFI Silent Auction Opens Today
- Production of T408 engine begins for CH-53K
- London Air Ambulance appoints new director
- Liebherr contracting for Airbus H160 heating valves
- Robinson to launch R66 hook at Heli-Expo