REACH Air Medical Services (REACH), will place a new type of helicopter in the region, an Airbus H125 helicopter.
The new model was purchased by REACH specifically for service in Montana because of its high-reliability rates, high-altitude performance capabilities, and safety features. The new aircraft is specially outfitted for use in the air medical environment and has the capacity to transport the patient, and a three-person flight team. REACH has also equipped the aircraft with night vision goggles, autopilot systems, advanced terrain awareness warning systems, and snow pads for improved winter landing ability.
“The Airbus H125 has found great success in the air medical industry because of its reliability and performance,” said Vicky Spediacci, Vice President of Aviation Operations for REACH. “It is truly a remarkable aircraft and we are confident that it will deliver safe and reliable service to the communities of Southern Montana.”
Sean Russell, President of REACH Air Medical Services, was pleased to share his comments on the addition of the new aircraft. “In this rural landscape, the new H125 will increase our ability to safely serve patients in their time of need. Going into winter, the ability of the snow pads and the lightweight of this aircraft allow for increased likelihood of reaching patients when others cannot. We look forward to continuing to provide high quality medical care to patients and hospitals in Southern Montana.
REACH operates two air medical bases in Montana, a helicopter base in Bozeman and a combined helicopter/airplane base in Helena. Each base is staffed 24/7 with a critical care transport team consisting of a Pilot, a Flight Nurse and a Flight Paramedic. The highly skilled clinicians provide an ICU level of care to patients throughout transport.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin