CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (“CPI Aero®”) (NYSE American:CVU) announced today that it has signed a long term supply agreement with Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE:LMT), to manufacture gunner window assemblies for the UH-60M Black Hawk helicopter. This long-term agreement is valued at up to approximately $8.2 million for a period of five years, beginning in 2018 and ending in 2022 per Sikorsky and the U.S. Army’s recent signing of the Multi-Year IX contract.
The windows are of two-piece construction located just behind the pilot seat on each side of the aircraft. They slide open for use by the machine gun operator. CPI Aero has been producing gunner window assemblies for the Black Hawk helicopter since 2010. Since that time, CPI Aero has delivered more than 2,400 window sections to support the production of approximately 600 aircraft.
Douglas J. McCrosson, president and chief executive officer of CPI Aero commented, “This new multi-year follow-on order highlights our exceptional program execution, quality, value, and customer service to Sikorsky on the UH-60 platform. We are honored that Sikorsky has again selected CPI Aero to manufacture an important component that is critical to fulfilling a key mission of this extremely effective and versatile aircraft.”
The Black Hawk helicopter has become the leader in multi-mission-type aircraft. Among the mission configurations it serves are troop transport, medical evacuation, electronic warfare, attack, assault support and special operations.
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries