CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (“CPI Aero®”) (NYSE American:CVU) announced today that it has signed a long term supply agreement with Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE:LMT), to manufacture gunner window assemblies for the UH-60M Black Hawk helicopter. This long-term agreement is valued at up to approximately $8.2 million for a period of five years, beginning in 2018 and ending in 2022 per Sikorsky and the U.S. Army’s recent signing of the Multi-Year IX contract.
The windows are of two-piece construction located just behind the pilot seat on each side of the aircraft. They slide open for use by the machine gun operator. CPI Aero has been producing gunner window assemblies for the Black Hawk helicopter since 2010. Since that time, CPI Aero has delivered more than 2,400 window sections to support the production of approximately 600 aircraft.
Douglas J. McCrosson, president and chief executive officer of CPI Aero commented, “This new multi-year follow-on order highlights our exceptional program execution, quality, value, and customer service to Sikorsky on the UH-60 platform. We are honored that Sikorsky has again selected CPI Aero to manufacture an important component that is critical to fulfilling a key mission of this extremely effective and versatile aircraft.”
The Black Hawk helicopter has become the leader in multi-mission-type aircraft. Among the mission configurations it serves are troop transport, medical evacuation, electronic warfare, attack, assault support and special operations.
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years
- Metro Aviation delivers H145 to Avera Careflight
- Milestone announces two key appointments
- DSCA approved sale of 6 AH-64E Apaches to India
- Babcock wins BP Sheltand operations from Bristow
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109