CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (“CPI Aero®”) (NYSE American:CVU) announced today that it has signed a long term supply agreement with Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE:LMT), to manufacture gunner window assemblies for the UH-60M Black Hawk helicopter. This long-term agreement is valued at up to approximately $8.2 million for a period of five years, beginning in 2018 and ending in 2022 per Sikorsky and the U.S. Army’s recent signing of the Multi-Year IX contract.
The windows are of two-piece construction located just behind the pilot seat on each side of the aircraft. They slide open for use by the machine gun operator. CPI Aero has been producing gunner window assemblies for the Black Hawk helicopter since 2010. Since that time, CPI Aero has delivered more than 2,400 window sections to support the production of approximately 600 aircraft.
Douglas J. McCrosson, president and chief executive officer of CPI Aero commented, “This new multi-year follow-on order highlights our exceptional program execution, quality, value, and customer service to Sikorsky on the UH-60 platform. We are honored that Sikorsky has again selected CPI Aero to manufacture an important component that is critical to fulfilling a key mission of this extremely effective and versatile aircraft.”
The Black Hawk helicopter has become the leader in multi-mission-type aircraft. Among the mission configurations it serves are troop transport, medical evacuation, electronic warfare, attack, assault support and special operations.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded