CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (“CPI Aero®”) (NYSE American:CVU) announced today that it has signed a long term supply agreement with Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE:LMT), to manufacture gunner window assemblies for the UH-60M Black Hawk helicopter. This long-term agreement is valued at up to approximately $8.2 million for a period of five years, beginning in 2018 and ending in 2022 per Sikorsky and the U.S. Army’s recent signing of the Multi-Year IX contract.
The windows are of two-piece construction located just behind the pilot seat on each side of the aircraft. They slide open for use by the machine gun operator. CPI Aero has been producing gunner window assemblies for the Black Hawk helicopter since 2010. Since that time, CPI Aero has delivered more than 2,400 window sections to support the production of approximately 600 aircraft.
Douglas J. McCrosson, president and chief executive officer of CPI Aero commented, “This new multi-year follow-on order highlights our exceptional program execution, quality, value, and customer service to Sikorsky on the UH-60 platform. We are honored that Sikorsky has again selected CPI Aero to manufacture an important component that is critical to fulfilling a key mission of this extremely effective and versatile aircraft.”
The Black Hawk helicopter has become the leader in multi-mission-type aircraft. Among the mission configurations it serves are troop transport, medical evacuation, electronic warfare, attack, assault support and special operations.
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- DEQ fines Columbia Helicopters
- ForeFlight Co-Founders Honored with Living Legends Award
- Airbus appoints new Chairman and CEO in China