Jonathan Trower, who has been a Trustee of the Charity since September 2016, takes over from Acting Chair, Rob Forsyth.
Jonathan is a Managing Director at DC Advisory, a City-based corporate advisory firm. He and his wife also own a small farming business on the boundary of Hertfordshire and Essex. He is involved with a number of other local charities and was High Sheriff of Hertfordshire in 2015. Having lived most of his life in either Hertfordshire or Essex, he was delighted to have been asked to take on the role of Chair.
Jonathan Trower, Chair of Trustees for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, said: “Firstly, I am honoured and suitably humbled to be taking on this role. I know how much the people of Essex and Hertfordshire care about their Air Ambulance. The evidence is there in both the quantity and quality of the support that we get across the two counties.
I will do everything in my power to ensure that this Charity continues to serve the needs of our two counties.”
“And secondly, I would like to thank Rob, on all our behalves, for everything that he has achieved as Acting Chairman of the Charity over the last few years; unveiling our new helicopter is a suitable culmination of this Chairmanship. I am more than a little daunted as I step into his shoes. But, I am immensely looking forward to working with CEO Jane Gurney and her team.”
Previously, Acting Chair Rob Forsyth led the Board after the death of the Charity’s founder and Chair, Brian Shipley in December 2015.
Rob Forsyth’s Chairmanship culminated with the unveiling of the Charity’s first ever owned helicopter, the Agusta Westland 169, which was unveiled at the Charity’s 20th anniversary celebration at Audley End House on 25th June 2017.
At that event Rob Forsyth, Former Acting Chair of Trustees for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, said: “We can now celebrate the beginning of the next phase of our journey, with the introduction of our new state of the art helicopter, which will deliver even greater opportunity to advance our patient care potential. I would like to thank my fellow Trustees, all of the Charity team and volunteers and, most importantly, you our supporters, for everyone’s continued support over the past 20 years and into the future.”
“I look forward to remaining on the Board of Trustees and playing my part in supporting Jonathan and the Executive Team going forwards.”
Jane Gurney, CEO of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, said: “We are delighted to welcome Jonathan to the Board. He brings with him a wealth of experience and a true passion for the communities of Essex and Hertfordshire. His knowledge, together with his previous work with other charities, will guide us towards our next exciting chapter. I am personally looking forward to working alongside Jonathan in helping to make Essex & Herts Air Ambulance stronger than ever before.”
The first meeting with the new configuration of the Board of Trustees was held on Tuesday 19th September.
- DRF retains Magdeburg contract with six year extension
- Columbus Police marks 45 years flying MD Helicopters
- Hamilton County Sheriff receives 530F
- IAI-ELTA to provide Helicopter SATCOM Network Systems to Key Customer
- USAIG Celebrates 40 Years of Providing Safety Posters to the Aviation Industry
- DRF Luftrettung appoints new Chairman
- GNAAS Looks to New Life Saving Techniques
- Safran marketing new Aneto engine to HAL
- Uber-like helicopter taxi launches in Tokyo
- Indian Government starts sale of majority of Pawan Hans
- 3rd H160 prototype joins the flight test campaign
- Air Medical Helicopters Fly with 1,000 Donaldson IBFs
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- Russian Helicopters and United Helicopters sign contracts
- Lockheed Delivering Next-Generation Apache Sensor Systems
- VNH South receives award from JVPC
- OEAMTC Air Rescue and Reiser Simulation and Training sign LOI
- US Navy orders additional APKWS rocket guidance kits
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance holds topping out ceremony on new air base
- Med-Trans Director Earns AAMS Jim Charlson Safety Award