Airbus Helicopters have brought an H225 to the Helitech International show which starts tomorrow at the ExCeL exhibition centre close to London City Airport. The helicopter touched down around 11.15L this morning. In an attempt to improve the PR surrounding the helicopter type, Airbus has brought an example which they had stored at the factory at Marignane for a number of months and is now operated by GHS in Germany for utility work.
While the H225 as a type has had its approval to fly restored by EASA, the outcome of the April 2016 accident to a CHC aircraft in Norway has not yet been announced by AIBN, the Accident Investigation Board Norway. Once the results of that process have been published, and any further modifications set in place resulting from that document, it will then be an elongated process for the operators, oil exploration companies and oil worker unions to reach an agreement for the type to be flying once again. Some oil companies, notably StatOil, have already stated that they will not allow their staff to fly in an H225 in the future.
HeliHub.com research suggests that 140 H225s are currently stored, including lease hand-backs. 21 of these are owned by leasing company Parilease, part of French bank BNP Paribas. These are, in turn, being marketed by Avinco, previously thought to be an independent company but recently revealed as a company “in the control of Airbus”.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- GVH selected to design hoist light for Boeing
- Metro delivers H125 to Broward County
- Safran Appoints Executive Vice-President of Engineering
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for MH-47G Block 11 Part Procurement
- Russian Helicopters transfers repaired Mi-17s to Laos
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police