Airbus Helicopters have brought an H225 to the Helitech International show which starts tomorrow at the ExCeL exhibition centre close to London City Airport. The helicopter touched down around 11.15L this morning. In an attempt to improve the PR surrounding the helicopter type, Airbus has brought an example which they had stored at the factory at Marignane for a number of months and is now operated by GHS in Germany for utility work.
While the H225 as a type has had its approval to fly restored by EASA, the outcome of the April 2016 accident to a CHC aircraft in Norway has not yet been announced by AIBN, the Accident Investigation Board Norway. Once the results of that process have been published, and any further modifications set in place resulting from that document, it will then be an elongated process for the operators, oil exploration companies and oil worker unions to reach an agreement for the type to be flying once again. Some oil companies, notably StatOil, have already stated that they will not allow their staff to fly in an H225 in the future.
HeliHub.com research suggests that 140 H225s are currently stored, including lease hand-backs. 21 of these are owned by leasing company Parilease, part of French bank BNP Paribas. These are, in turn, being marketed by Avinco, previously thought to be an independent company but recently revealed as a company “in the control of Airbus”.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province