Airbus Helicopters have brought an H225 to the Helitech International show which starts tomorrow at the ExCeL exhibition centre close to London City Airport. The helicopter touched down around 11.15L this morning. In an attempt to improve the PR surrounding the helicopter type, Airbus has brought an example which they had stored at the factory at Marignane for a number of months and is now operated by GHS in Germany for utility work.
While the H225 as a type has had its approval to fly restored by EASA, the outcome of the April 2016 accident to a CHC aircraft in Norway has not yet been announced by AIBN, the Accident Investigation Board Norway. Once the results of that process have been published, and any further modifications set in place resulting from that document, it will then be an elongated process for the operators, oil exploration companies and oil worker unions to reach an agreement for the type to be flying once again. Some oil companies, notably StatOil, have already stated that they will not allow their staff to fly in an H225 in the future.
HeliHub.com research suggests that 140 H225s are currently stored, including lease hand-backs. 21 of these are owned by leasing company Parilease, part of French bank BNP Paribas. These are, in turn, being marketed by Avinco, previously thought to be an independent company but recently revealed as a company “in the control of Airbus”.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away