Aberdeen Harbour Board is delighted to announce that, following an extensive recruitment process, Michelle Handforth is to join in the role of Chief Executive.
Michelle, who has 20 years of board and leadership experience in global, multi-site businesses, will succeed Colin Parker in her new role, however, Colin will remain in post as Chief Executive until an appropriate handover has been completed.
Alistair Mackenzie, Chairman of Aberdeen Harbour Board, welcomed Michelle into the new role. He said: “Michelle joins Aberdeen Harbour at a very exciting and challenging time.
“With the expansion works commenced at Aberdeen South Harbour and ‘business as usual’ very much the requirement of the day in the existing harbour, Michelle will be tasked with overseeing the successful completion of project works and in facilitating business growth in the existing facilities. Michelle’s considerable commercial and operational experience at a senior level means that she is tremendously well equipped to tackle and realise these goals.”
Michelle commented, “I am delighted to be joining such a prestigious organisation. It has an incredible history and yet is also so focussed on the future. I very much look forward to meeting and engaging with Harbour staff, customers and to reaching out to the broader stakeholder community.”
Michelle’s career has seen her hold leadership roles in the areas of aviation, rail, maritime, financial service and oil and gas industries. She is currently Managing Director of BabcockMCS Offshore helicopters based in Aberdeen [where she joined in April 2015 according to her LinkedIn profile] and has served on the Boards of First Choice Holidays, Sea Containers (Rail) – former operators of the East Coast Rail and Orient Express Group – Aviva, Veolia Transdev and as General Manager for Sydney Ferries in Australia.
Michelle is also a former member of the Board of National Rail Enquiry Services and Association of Train Operating Companies (ATOC). Whilst living and working in Australia she was a Board member of the Committee for Sydney, Sponsoring Director for international talent New South Wales Board of Economic Development and a member of the Institute of Customer Services Australasia.
Michelle has a BA (hons) Law degree and is a Barrister, called to the Bar of England and Wales in 1986. She has worked internationally in the USA, Europe, India and Australasia. Whilst in India she also established a community care and education programme for orphaned children in Mumbai.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin