UK based Specialist Aviation Services is delighted to announce that it has been selected as the preferred bidder by Cornwall Air Ambulance to provide an AW169 EMS under a ten year contract starting in 2019.
The decision follows a competitive tendering process carried out by Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust ahead of the end of the existing contract with SAS and which will replace the MD902 Explorer operation based at the Charity’s Newquay Airport HQ.
Chosen by the Charity as its “Next Generation Helicopter”, the AW169 will deliver greater overall safety, performance & range and will be customised with a fully adaptable SAS medical interior, providing a spacious, bright cabin, easy loading and all round patient access.
SAS is already operating four AW169 EMS, with further aircraft entering service in the new year. This award brings the number of AW169’s so far confirmed for UK service by SAS to a total of nine helicopters.
Learning of the award, Henk Schaeken, SAS Managing Director stated “I am confident the AW169 will provide the Charity with the best air ambulance solution available for many, many years to come.”
Paula Martin, Chief Executive for the Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust said “everyone at the Charity is excited about the benefits the AW169 will bring to the patient. We now look forward to the next steps and formalising our decision in the coming weeks”.
Ian Brackenbury CB, Trustee for Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust said “the board of trustees is committed to the Charity’s objects of saving lives. We concluded the AW169 will provide the best platform for our clinical crews to do their job in the future”.
- HeliOffshore features in Eurocontrol’s Hindsight magazine
- HAI announces Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award winner
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype