UK based Specialist Aviation Services is delighted to announce that it has been selected as the preferred bidder by Cornwall Air Ambulance to provide an AW169 EMS under a ten year contract starting in 2019.
The decision follows a competitive tendering process carried out by Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust ahead of the end of the existing contract with SAS and which will replace the MD902 Explorer operation based at the Charity’s Newquay Airport HQ.
Chosen by the Charity as its “Next Generation Helicopter”, the AW169 will deliver greater overall safety, performance & range and will be customised with a fully adaptable SAS medical interior, providing a spacious, bright cabin, easy loading and all round patient access.
SAS is already operating four AW169 EMS, with further aircraft entering service in the new year. This award brings the number of AW169’s so far confirmed for UK service by SAS to a total of nine helicopters.
Learning of the award, Henk Schaeken, SAS Managing Director stated “I am confident the AW169 will provide the Charity with the best air ambulance solution available for many, many years to come.”
Paula Martin, Chief Executive for the Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust said “everyone at the Charity is excited about the benefits the AW169 will bring to the patient. We now look forward to the next steps and formalising our decision in the coming weeks”.
Ian Brackenbury CB, Trustee for Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust said “the board of trustees is committed to the Charity’s objects of saving lives. We concluded the AW169 will provide the best platform for our clinical crews to do their job in the future”.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years