Tordrillo Mountain Lodge is the first outfitter in the United States to offer heli-biking, an unrivaled outdoor experience that enables mountain biking access via helicopter to millions of acres of pristine mountain terrain in the breathtaking Tordrillo Mountain range of Alaska.
As a top provider of incomparable adventure experiences, Tordrillo Mountain Lodge invested in the country’s first Aero Quick Design Release helicopter bike rack, a state-of-the-art piece of equipment that can transport bikes without the burden of disassembling them for flight. With the new rack, four bikers and their bikes, as well as an experienced guide, are flown into the Tordrillo mountain range from the Lodge’s helicopter pad and are ready to hit the pristine Alaskan trails in just minutes.
“Our goal at Tordrillo Mountain Lodge is to provide our guests with experiences they couldn’t get anywhere else,” said Mike Overcast, Tordrillo Mountain Lodge’s co-owner. “As the first in the U.S. to provide mountain biking access via helicopter, our guests can now enjoy the unspoiled landscape of this spectacular mountain range. Heli-biking really does give you a new perspective on the sport – it’s a game-changer for adventure-seekers everywhere.”
Tordrillo Mountain Lodge guides can take anyone who can ride a bike — from a child to a senior citizen – on a customized mountain bike adventure that offers expanses of stunning wildflowers, wildlife sightings, glaciers and more, all without encountering any other bikers or having to load and unload bikes from chairlifts. The lodge has a fleet of Fat Back fat tire bikes to fit almost anyone interested in heli-biking, as well as top-of-the-line safety gear including helmets, pads and gloves. Their experienced helicopter pilots are expertly trained in high-altitude flight, as well as the intricacies of flying with bikes attached to the aircraft.
“Safety is our top priority at Tordrillo Mountain Lodge, and heli-biking is no exception to that,” continued Overcast.
- HeliOffshore features in Eurocontrol’s Hindsight magazine
- HAI announces Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award winner
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype