Tordrillo Mountain Lodge is the first outfitter in the United States to offer heli-biking, an unrivaled outdoor experience that enables mountain biking access via helicopter to millions of acres of pristine mountain terrain in the breathtaking Tordrillo Mountain range of Alaska.
As a top provider of incomparable adventure experiences, Tordrillo Mountain Lodge invested in the country’s first Aero Quick Design Release helicopter bike rack, a state-of-the-art piece of equipment that can transport bikes without the burden of disassembling them for flight. With the new rack, four bikers and their bikes, as well as an experienced guide, are flown into the Tordrillo mountain range from the Lodge’s helicopter pad and are ready to hit the pristine Alaskan trails in just minutes.
“Our goal at Tordrillo Mountain Lodge is to provide our guests with experiences they couldn’t get anywhere else,” said Mike Overcast, Tordrillo Mountain Lodge’s co-owner. “As the first in the U.S. to provide mountain biking access via helicopter, our guests can now enjoy the unspoiled landscape of this spectacular mountain range. Heli-biking really does give you a new perspective on the sport – it’s a game-changer for adventure-seekers everywhere.”
Tordrillo Mountain Lodge guides can take anyone who can ride a bike — from a child to a senior citizen – on a customized mountain bike adventure that offers expanses of stunning wildflowers, wildlife sightings, glaciers and more, all without encountering any other bikers or having to load and unload bikes from chairlifts. The lodge has a fleet of Fat Back fat tire bikes to fit almost anyone interested in heli-biking, as well as top-of-the-line safety gear including helmets, pads and gloves. Their experienced helicopter pilots are expertly trained in high-altitude flight, as well as the intricacies of flying with bikes attached to the aircraft.
“Safety is our top priority at Tordrillo Mountain Lodge, and heli-biking is no exception to that,” continued Overcast.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded