Airbus Helicopters has presented VNH South with an award celebrating its 30 years of flying Airbus helicopters in offshore missions.
“We are honoured to recognize VNH South for their dedication and to highlight our longstanding partnership,” said Guillaume Faury, President and CEO of Airbus Helicopters. “They have placed their trust in a variety of our helicopters for more than three decades, and we commend their unwavering commitment not only to their operations but to the entire oil & gas community.”
VNH South became Vietnam’s very first helicopter operator when it began in 1986 with a Puma. Its reputation began to grow, particularly within Vietnam’s burgeoning oil & gas industry, and the company is now one of the leading helicopter service providers in South East Asia, operating four AS332 L2s, two H155s, and four H225s.
“Airbus Helicopters and VNH South have always worked closely together to support safe and continued offshore operations in our region, and we are pleased to celebrate this milestone,” said Capt. Kieu Dang Hung, Director of VNH South. “We are proud to be a trusted partner of Airbus Helicopters and we look forward to advancing this partnership for many years to come.”
Chief among VNHS’s achievements is 30 years of safety in offshore oil and gas flights, accumulating more than 270,000 flight hours, many of which aboard their H225 fleet.
“VNHS flies to offshore installations located 200 to 240 nautical miles from the base,” explained Capt. Hung. “The H225’s payload is good, especially for long distances and the hot climate. Our pilots consider it a user-friendly machine.”
Initially based at Vung Tau Airport, VNHS has expanded its activities to three additional bases and multiple mission segments, including aerial survey and photography services, medical evacuation and search and rescue (SAR) services, as well as fire-fighting and sling load work.
VNHS is closely supported by Airbus, which provides the operator with technical assistance, customer support and maintenance services, both on-site and at Airbus’ customer centres in the region.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded