Airbus Helicopters has presented VNH South with an award celebrating its 30 years of flying Airbus helicopters in offshore missions.
“We are honoured to recognize VNH South for their dedication and to highlight our longstanding partnership,” said Guillaume Faury, President and CEO of Airbus Helicopters. “They have placed their trust in a variety of our helicopters for more than three decades, and we commend their unwavering commitment not only to their operations but to the entire oil & gas community.”
VNH South became Vietnam’s very first helicopter operator when it began in 1986 with a Puma. Its reputation began to grow, particularly within Vietnam’s burgeoning oil & gas industry, and the company is now one of the leading helicopter service providers in South East Asia, operating four AS332 L2s, two H155s, and four H225s.
“Airbus Helicopters and VNH South have always worked closely together to support safe and continued offshore operations in our region, and we are pleased to celebrate this milestone,” said Capt. Kieu Dang Hung, Director of VNH South. “We are proud to be a trusted partner of Airbus Helicopters and we look forward to advancing this partnership for many years to come.”
Chief among VNHS’s achievements is 30 years of safety in offshore oil and gas flights, accumulating more than 270,000 flight hours, many of which aboard their H225 fleet.
“VNHS flies to offshore installations located 200 to 240 nautical miles from the base,” explained Capt. Hung. “The H225’s payload is good, especially for long distances and the hot climate. Our pilots consider it a user-friendly machine.”
Initially based at Vung Tau Airport, VNHS has expanded its activities to three additional bases and multiple mission segments, including aerial survey and photography services, medical evacuation and search and rescue (SAR) services, as well as fire-fighting and sling load work.
VNHS is closely supported by Airbus, which provides the operator with technical assistance, customer support and maintenance services, both on-site and at Airbus’ customer centres in the region.
- HeliOffshore features in Eurocontrol’s Hindsight magazine
- HAI announces Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award winner
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype