Safran has launched at Helitech International a new Health Monitoring service for helicopter engines, with the announcement of its first customer, Babcock Mission Critical Services Onshore Ltd. The new service will allow the customer to track engine life data and thus reduce unplanned events. Engine life can be improved with the early detection of low signals, prognosis analysis and maintenance plan customization.
Through a contract signed today, Babcock MCS is the first operator to use this service, in its Arrius 2B2-powered H135 fleet. Shaun Strain, Babcock MCS Onshore Director of Engineering, commented: “We have successfully tested the Safran solution for more than a year now. Receiving personalized reports directly from the manufacturer allows us to adjust our maintenance program, resulting in cost and time savings.”
Franck Saudo, Safran Helicopter Engines Support & Services EVP, added “Health Monitoring is a high added-value digital service that delivers expert analysis of over sixty parameters. Resulting maintenance recommendations are customized to each engine mission, enhancing the daily support of our operators’ flight operations.
The Safran Helicopter Engines Health Monitoring service is available at an Essential level, where the customer is responsible for data collection and analysis, and a Premium one where maintenance recommendations by Safran experts are tailored to the customer’s fleet, mission and usage.
These maintenance recommendations are made available online on the Safran Helicopter Engines customer portal, accessible from any device. The majority of parameters are gathered continuously by an electronic recorder on the aircraft, designed by Safran data collection partners.
- HeliOffshore features in Eurocontrol’s Hindsight magazine
- HAI announces Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award winner
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype