Helibras / Airbus Helicopters have reached another important milestone in their history. In just six years of operation with the H225M (H-36) Caracal, the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) completed 10,000 flight hours with the aircraft. The model is part of the H-XBR agreement, signed in 2008, with the Ministry of Defense to supply 50 state-of-the-art helicopters to the Brazilian Armed Forces. 18 aircraft will be assigned to the FAB, of which 2 are from the Special Transport Group (GTE).
The 10,000-hour mark achieved by FAB was also made possible by the strong investment of Helibras in the expansion of its Support & Service capabilities, in order to keep the helicopters in constant availability.
The aircraft is the second of the Basic Plus version (CSAR). Credit Johnson Barros
“We are very happy to achieve this milestone. This is an important achievement, a result of the long partnership between Helibras, Armed Forces and the Ministry of Defense, as it shows commitment to the quality and safety of our products, “said Richard Marelli, president of Helibras.
The H225M, configured in the C-SAR version, is equipped with the EWS (Electronic Warfare System) system, as well as a set of auxiliary defense equipment with threat, laser and missile alert sensors. In addition to night-time capability and equipped with FLIR, it also features the unique PLS (Personnel Locator System) system for precise location during rescues, with encrypted information that provides mission-critical security and in-flight refueling capability helicopters can operate at great distances.
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion