Triumph Group, Inc. (NYSE: TGI) congratulates MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) on the recent contract awards from the U.S. Army for their Armed MD 530 Scout Attack Helicopters. MDHI was awarded a five-year indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract from the Army to provide up to 150 armed MD 530 aircraft to U.S. and Partner Nation Aviation Forces in support of foreign military sales (FMS) opportunities. Additionally, MDHI received an initial delivery order under the IDIQ contract for 30 new MD 530F Cayuse Warrior helicopters for the Afghan Air Force.
In support of these awards, Triumph’s Integrated Systems – Geared Solutions in Macomb, Michigan, will extend deliveries of the main rotor gearbox and tail rotor gearbox through 2022 for current and future delivery orders. The Macomb site has supplied gearboxes and other ancillary parts for the MD 530F (369FF Type Certified) aircraft since the mid-1990s.
“We are pleased to advance our relationship with MD Helicopters as they work with the U.S. Army to deliver these attack helicopters to our troops and our allies in the global fight against terrorism,” said Tom Holzthum, executive vice president of Triumph Integrated Systems. “In the extreme Afghan conditions, the MD 530F Cayuse Warrior has proven its strong performance capability, and we are proud to supply gearboxes and other critical parts and systems for the aircraft.”
Triumph Integrated Systems – Geared Solutions is a leading supplier of aerospace transmissions, gearboxes and complex gears, shafts and housing assemblies. They supply a wide variety of design, manufacturing, assembly, testing and aftermarket support for systems used in fixed wing and rotary aircraft for civilian and military applications.
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE