Triumph Group, Inc. (NYSE: TGI) congratulates MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) on the recent contract awards from the U.S. Army for their Armed MD 530 Scout Attack Helicopters. MDHI was awarded a five-year indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract from the Army to provide up to 150 armed MD 530 aircraft to U.S. and Partner Nation Aviation Forces in support of foreign military sales (FMS) opportunities. Additionally, MDHI received an initial delivery order under the IDIQ contract for 30 new MD 530F Cayuse Warrior helicopters for the Afghan Air Force.
In support of these awards, Triumph’s Integrated Systems – Geared Solutions in Macomb, Michigan, will extend deliveries of the main rotor gearbox and tail rotor gearbox through 2022 for current and future delivery orders. The Macomb site has supplied gearboxes and other ancillary parts for the MD 530F (369FF Type Certified) aircraft since the mid-1990s.
“We are pleased to advance our relationship with MD Helicopters as they work with the U.S. Army to deliver these attack helicopters to our troops and our allies in the global fight against terrorism,” said Tom Holzthum, executive vice president of Triumph Integrated Systems. “In the extreme Afghan conditions, the MD 530F Cayuse Warrior has proven its strong performance capability, and we are proud to supply gearboxes and other critical parts and systems for the aircraft.”
Triumph Integrated Systems – Geared Solutions is a leading supplier of aerospace transmissions, gearboxes and complex gears, shafts and housing assemblies. They supply a wide variety of design, manufacturing, assembly, testing and aftermarket support for systems used in fixed wing and rotary aircraft for civilian and military applications.
- Nepal Army decommissioning its two Alouette III series helicopters
- Saudi Arabia – Continuation of Maintenance Support Services (MSS)
- Marine Corps Plans to add Weaponry to V-22 Fleet
- Bell Boeing awarded $103M contract for V-22 Part Repairs
- Airbus awarded $117M contract for procurement of 16 UH-72A aircraft
- Genesys Aerosystems Delivers over 1,000 HeliSAS Systems
- Elbit wins approval to acquire Universal Avionics
- JETNET celebrates 30 years in business
- 2018 MTLI Scholarship Winners
- Librestream Powers New Remote Assistance Service from Safran
- HeliRussia 2018 features a variety of MRO companies
- DART chooses Drallim Industries as Repair & Overhaul facility
- Spectrum Aeromed Completes Production Amendment
- AUTOFLUG releases new options for passenger transport
- Metro continues to improve the MetroAlert app
- DynaVibe Track and Balance System gains Robinson acceptance
- HeliRussia and Show Observer renew partnership
- AHS Announces 2018 Group Award Winners
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad