Triumph Group, Inc. (NYSE: TGI) congratulates MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) on the recent contract awards from the U.S. Army for their Armed MD 530 Scout Attack Helicopters. MDHI was awarded a five-year indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract from the Army to provide up to 150 armed MD 530 aircraft to U.S. and Partner Nation Aviation Forces in support of foreign military sales (FMS) opportunities. Additionally, MDHI received an initial delivery order under the IDIQ contract for 30 new MD 530F Cayuse Warrior helicopters for the Afghan Air Force.
In support of these awards, Triumph’s Integrated Systems – Geared Solutions in Macomb, Michigan, will extend deliveries of the main rotor gearbox and tail rotor gearbox through 2022 for current and future delivery orders. The Macomb site has supplied gearboxes and other ancillary parts for the MD 530F (369FF Type Certified) aircraft since the mid-1990s.
“We are pleased to advance our relationship with MD Helicopters as they work with the U.S. Army to deliver these attack helicopters to our troops and our allies in the global fight against terrorism,” said Tom Holzthum, executive vice president of Triumph Integrated Systems. “In the extreme Afghan conditions, the MD 530F Cayuse Warrior has proven its strong performance capability, and we are proud to supply gearboxes and other critical parts and systems for the aircraft.”
Triumph Integrated Systems – Geared Solutions is a leading supplier of aerospace transmissions, gearboxes and complex gears, shafts and housing assemblies. They supply a wide variety of design, manufacturing, assembly, testing and aftermarket support for systems used in fixed wing and rotary aircraft for civilian and military applications.
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- Helinetwork presents you with a new free service – RotorPlace.
- LCI closes on $55M capital market financing
- Era Group Celebrates 70 Years of Service
- New Isles of Scilly helicopter link to use AW169
- Helipass reaches 6 million bookings
- Where in the USA Do Helicopter Accidents Occur?
- Sikorsky awarded $127M contract for CH-53K Production
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- BIRD Aerosystems wins follow-on contract for ASIO SMA
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Voom helicopter booking platform joins Airbus
- USHST appoints Government Co-Chair
- Wills and Legal Services raises £540,000 for hospital helipads
- Convention Data Services signs three year Heli-Expo contract
- Avian-Precise Co awarded $57M contract for Vertical Lift Engineering
- First EMS AW169 launched in the Nordics
- Japan Coast Guard acquires four Bell 505s
- CHC Appoints New General Counsel
- Alyssum Group acquires aviation services company RocketRoute