Triumph Group, Inc. (NYSE: TGI) congratulates MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) on the recent contract awards from the U.S. Army for their Armed MD 530 Scout Attack Helicopters. MDHI was awarded a five-year indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract from the Army to provide up to 150 armed MD 530 aircraft to U.S. and Partner Nation Aviation Forces in support of foreign military sales (FMS) opportunities. Additionally, MDHI received an initial delivery order under the IDIQ contract for 30 new MD 530F Cayuse Warrior helicopters for the Afghan Air Force.
In support of these awards, Triumph’s Integrated Systems – Geared Solutions in Macomb, Michigan, will extend deliveries of the main rotor gearbox and tail rotor gearbox through 2022 for current and future delivery orders. The Macomb site has supplied gearboxes and other ancillary parts for the MD 530F (369FF Type Certified) aircraft since the mid-1990s.
“We are pleased to advance our relationship with MD Helicopters as they work with the U.S. Army to deliver these attack helicopters to our troops and our allies in the global fight against terrorism,” said Tom Holzthum, executive vice president of Triumph Integrated Systems. “In the extreme Afghan conditions, the MD 530F Cayuse Warrior has proven its strong performance capability, and we are proud to supply gearboxes and other critical parts and systems for the aircraft.”
Triumph Integrated Systems – Geared Solutions is a leading supplier of aerospace transmissions, gearboxes and complex gears, shafts and housing assemblies. They supply a wide variety of design, manufacturing, assembly, testing and aftermarket support for systems used in fixed wing and rotary aircraft for civilian and military applications.
- IBAC Welcomes the African Business Aviation Association
- Evolux partners with IEX Helicopters in Southern California
- Garmin delivers one-millionth certified avionics product
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- EFW awarded $8M contract for V-22 integrated avionics processors
- UTair Helicopter Services launches electronic flight bags
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services